It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2001, 04:21 PM   #1

Klein HB User
Tight foreskin. Some advice needed please.

Hello everyone. Here's my problem and I'd greatly appreciate any advice:

I can only retract my forskin to expose AT MOST half of the head, but after that it becomes EXTREMELY tight. It is so tight to the point where, when I'm erect, I cannot FULLY retract the foreskin to COMPLETELY expose the head (I've never been able to do so when fully erect). There is no pain whatsoever when I masturbate, however, if I do stroke too vigorously of course there will be pain. I once tried to retract my foreskin slowly when unerect, but then I started to get an erection. I managed to retract my foreskin behind my head when I was about 30% erect although it was difficult and a little painful (this is the one time I've seen my head fully exposed). However, I experienced A LOT of pain as I continued to get erect and couldn't bring the foreskin back out b/c it was "caught" by the head. I had to wait until my erection went down to get the foreskin back over my penis. I'm too scared to try this again. Also, during that one time of "revelation" I noticed that there was some white "residue." In other words, I think my shaft is dirty b/c I cannot clean it as I cannot retract my foreskin. I'm a little worried and would like to see my "head" just like every other guy. When I touched my shaft that one time it was extremely sensitive (unlike the tip of my head which I can only expose). This felt wonderful and I would like to expose my shaft to feel those incredible sensations again.

Have any of you experience this or know anyone who experienced this and what was your/their course of action?? Do I have to get a circumcision or a dorsal "slit" (I think that is what it is called)?? What other solutions are there?? More importantly, how long does it take to heal/recover??

Thanks everyone for your advice. I apologize for the long post. <p>[This message has been edited by Klein (edited 12-26-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2001, 04:31 PM   #2

Klein HB User
Re: Tight foreskin. Some advice needed please.

One other thing I forgot to mention is my age...I'm 21. I'm quite embarrassed about this situation and my main concern is not having anyone find out. I know this sounds a little stupid but I really am embarrassed as my family is VERY conservative...we don't swear, talk about sex at all, etc. Hell, if we're watching tv and there is some love seen (or even just something "hot" going on) we turn the channel.

I just hope any procedure is an "In and Out" kind of deal. The one most likely to deal with this is a urologist right? I've tried SLOWLY stretching the foreskin, but it just won't. That is no longer an option as my foreskin will just NOT stretch. I'm also a little worried about getting a circumcision b/c I've heard it is painful the older you are, besides the fact that I enjoy being "covered".

Thanks again!!

Old 12-27-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

GeoffB said it all quite well. Keep up with the stretching. It should work but takes time. I've also heard that the steroid cream helps loosen the tight skin. The only recommendation I have is to stretch during/after a warm bath and do the stretching while you have an erection. I would stretch until it hurts and keep it there and then repeat. When it hurts, then you are getting the maximum effect. The tissue breaks down and then rebuilds new tissue when healing. Naturally, use your common sense and don't hurt or tear the skin. Good luck

Old 12-27-2001, 02:04 PM   #4

Klein HB User

Thanks so much for the advice all. Excellent response GeoffB. I'm determined to fix this problem this new year. Anymore suggestions/comments.

Thanks again!

BTW, I'm from Canada.

Old 12-28-2001, 05:05 AM   #5
Unregistered

Glad to help. Let us know how you go with it.

Old 01-04-2002, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Hey Klein, keep working bud, I know this can be frustrating but stretching does work and you'll be a new man soon. Taking warm or hot soaking baths or showers while stretching may also may the skin more pliable, be patient and keep working at it! We'll be here to listen to your frustration and such, and we'll offer other suggestions to "get you through." And by the way, I came from one of those conservative families also and never was told a thing about sex, my equipment or how to take care of it (I'm uncut too!) So anything is fair game here! Welcome!

Old 01-11-2002, 06:40 AM   #7

Percocet HB User

I also have an uncut penis. I have a similar question. During sex my foreskin was pulled back and the little piece of skin that connects the head and the foreskin got a tiny tear. I doesnt hurt too bad, does this happen alot, how long with it take to heal and how can i prevent this???

Old 01-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

That piece of skin is called the frenulum and tears can occasionally occur.

First, is it very tight when erect? If it is, then its more prone to tears and you should work on stretching it out.

If the vagina gets dry during sex then there will be more friction and tears can occur more easily. Use a lube.

Prior to penetration, pull the skin back and keep it stretched back for a while. Kind of like stretching your legs before running. If you just pull the skin back and stick it in, the skin hasn't had the chance to stretch and "warm up".

Healing time should be pretty quick if you don't irritate it. That means don't pull it back for a day of so. Good luck

Old 01-11-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Just like we can stretch the foreskin to allow for more movement without problem, so can you stretch the frenulum to allow for greater ease of movement and less chance of injury. Just keep working the foreskin down further and gently keep stretching that frenulum. For right now until it heals though I'd be really careful with it!

Old 01-11-2002, 04:56 PM   #10

Klein HB User

Thanks everyone for the responses. I think I need to get that cream though!

Old 01-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #11
Unregistered

Dear Klein,
Has the stretching you have been doing made any progress or is it just too slow for your taste?

They basically say by all means get the cream but the stretching is still the most important part. Just be firm that you don't want to be rushed into surgery except as a last resort and want to try the Betamethasone cream. You are only meant to put a little on the outside of the tight area. Stretching all the time is best of all using a light plastic tube such as a pen top, progressing to larger tubes such as a film canister with the bottom cut out of it and smoothed off. Having the bottom cut out will even allow you to pee without taking the whole thing out. If I can help you can just keep using the board.
Good Luck,
Geoff
<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 02-02-2002).]

Old 01-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #12

Klein HB User

Thanks Geoff! The main problem I'm having with all this is that it is really really uncomfortable. I mean everything under the foreskin is VERY sensitive. The thing about trying to use pen caps or what have you is that it is quite an UNcomfortable thought, and if I have to leave these things on overnight (or even a few minutes) it makes me a little "unnerved", if you catch my drift. But I'll continue to try. I just don't hope I tear the skin.

Let me just see if I have things clear just to ease my conscience. The way I should go about stretching is to pull the foreskin out (not retract it behind the head but in the other direction) and then stretch using both hands, right??!

Thanks again all for your assistance!

Old 01-13-2002, 05:19 AM   #13
Unregistered

Dear Klein,
You can stretch both ways as long as you are careful not to get your foreskin stuck behind the head. If you are very sensitive then perhaps the retraction method will be easier. Pull it back until it feels stretched to its non-pain limit every chance you have even every time you pee if you can. I understand about the sensitivity. The only encouragement I can offer is that the more you use and expose the head the less the sensitivity will bother you. Of course you do lose some sensation but most men don't mind this if they can have a fully functioning foreskin and don't go through the roof every time they touch their glans. Those wonderful sensations you describe may lessen though as those areas get more exposure.
I wanted to make sure you realised that you have to stretch to get results either with the cream or without it. The cream won't do anything on its own, just speed things up if you are stretching. Did you read those posts? It makes sense that things will be faster if the skin is kept under constant gentle tension. This is now an established medical procedure being applied to other situations in the body but if it is uncomfortable then use the other methods and take a little longer. You said you were from a religious family and I gather you are a virgin and not likely to have sex in a hurry? Having a retractable foreskin will probably not have much effect on your masturbation pleasure. It will have more of an effect on intercourse. So there is no pressure and you can afford to take your time, preserve your foreskin and end up with the best possible result. Just keep stretching, with or without the cream, be patient and keep your spirits up. I'll keep an eye on the board as often as I can to see if I can help. If I can't help I'll ask others. I feel strongly that guys like you should be saved from unnecessary surgery and still be able to enjoy properly what they were born with.
Cheers,
Geoff

Old 01-15-2002, 09:29 PM   #14

Klein HB User

I was wondering. I don't know if this is called the frenulum, but there is a piece of skin that connects the foreskin to the head just around the pee hole and then it runs along the bottom of the penis (it is like a long vein). And it sort of like a ring around the tip of the foreskin. This is what is really tight...that ring. Is this the frenulum??

I don't think I can stretch it back b/c of the connection point where the foreskin attaches to the head. If I do it'll most definitely tear.

Why did I have to be cursed with this?!!!

Old 01-16-2002, 05:30 AM   #15
Unregistered

Dear Klein,
Donít despair mate. You've got plenty of time and things could be a lot worse.
"I was wondering. I don't know if this is called the frenulum, but there is a piece of skin that connects the foreskin to the head just around the pee hole and then it runs along the bottom of the penis (it is like a long vein). And it sort of like a ring around the tip of the foreskin. This is what is really tight...that ring. Is this the frenulum? "
It sounds like you are talking about the frenular band rather than the frenulum. The frenulum can be tight but it is a Y shaped attachment from the underside of the glans to the penile skin on the underside of the penis.
"I don't think I can stretch it back b/c of the connection point where the foreskin attaches to the head. If I do it'll most definitely tear." You told us earlier that you once retracted fully when flaccid so your frenulum and frenular band are not impossibly tight. The idea is to stretch to its current limit without pain or tearing. If you keep doing that the opening will get bigger and bigger until you can retract without discomfort. Have you been trying stretching? It will work if you keep at it but you have to give it time and be patient. Why this sudden despair? Is there any pressure on you or is it just that you want it over quickly? Please don't let yourself get too down. One way or another this will be fixed it's just a matter of how you choose to fix it and whether or not you value what you have been allowed to keep. Please think about what you were saved from. Even if you have some sort of surgery as an adult at least you have had the choice. I'm sorry it has not been easy for you and must say that most intact guys don't have trouble. The chances are though that if you really give stretching a go that you too will end up with a fully functioning intact set of genitals. Have you been to a doctor to get that Betamethasone cream to speed things up or is that still too difficult?
Hang in there,
Geoff
P.S. I've been away so could not reply immediately.
<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 03-17-2002).]

Closed Thread