It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2001, 09:07 AM   #1

Jacob HB User
Foreskin retraction problem during erection

I am having problems with my foreskin. When I get an erection I cannot retract my foresking below the head because the tip of the foreskin is very tight and it hurts when I slide it below the head. It feels liek its very tight around the shaft and I lose my erection. The pain stops me from having sexual intercourse. I have no problems retracting the foreskin when the penis is not erect.

I've been doing some reading and it seems that circumcision would solve this, by removing some of my foreskin. But I am afraid of this procedure after reading some stories of too much foreskin being cut off and other problems occuring after circumcision.

Could someone please provide me with any advice or opinions they might have about this.

I am also going to go to my personal physician, but I'm sure he will direct me to a Urologist, should I just go straight there without talking to my physician?

Thanks for any help,
Jacob

Old 08-27-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Re: Foreskin retraction problem during erection

There are numerous posts on the "male" boards regarding tight foreskins so I'm not going to repeat the recommendations. Basically, you can solve your problems by stretching the foreskin. If you see a doctor, steroid creams can help in the stretching process. Look around in some of the older posts and you'll find the discussions.

Circumcision should be a last resort and it seems that stretching will take care of the problem since you can already get it back behind the head when erect. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2001, 03:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Hey Jacob, welcome! I too am uncut and SDP is right, there are a number of posts on this board about stretching your foreskin. YOU DON'T have to have a circumcmsion, what is going on is perfectly normal and nothing you can't solve without a doc! Do some reading of the other posts about this topic and write back with any other questions! Good luck!

Old 08-29-2001, 01:47 AM   #4
Unregistered

I agree with the above. It sounds like the Frenulum is too tight and it is a very common problem. Generally stretching is okay to do but it must be gentle. The option is to see your doctor and get some Steroid cream to put on it daily as this will loosen the tightness of the frenulum. The Frenulum is the thin piece of skin which attaches to the head of the penis and foreskin on the underside of the head of the penis. In some circumstances what can be done is that this piece of skin can be cut so that it releases the tightness from the head and foreskin. It is cut across ways and then sutured the opposite way so as to heal and become more elongated. This would be down after any steroid treatment.

Easily fixed and no problems! No requirement for Circumcision. If in doubt check with your local doctor and then perhaps a Urologist!

Cheers,

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Closed Thread