It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2000, 05:35 PM   #1
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Itchy Perineum

Sometimes called the taint: The region between the scrotum and the anus in males.

Here's my problem: My husband has a constant itch in this area, he is itching it constantly, day in and day out, he has had me look at it, and at times it looks cracked an irritated, like really dry skin. He told me that he has had this now for at least 6+ years. He has been to the Dr. ONE time, almost 3 yrs. ago. The Dr. said it was from his underwear, and gave him some stupid lotion like cream that didn't do anything for it. Since then my husband has started wearing boxers. My husband refuses to go back, claiming that he already has seen a Dr. once and that is enough. One day I even slipped him a diflucan pill (Yeast infection pill) to see if that would help his problem, it didn't. The area seems to itch more when it gets moist, like after sex, or on hot days, where he is sweating down there.
Has any women told the doctor of her husbands health problems? I am thinking of telling our Dr. so that maybe it will get mentioned when my husband goes. But he will surely be mad at me if I do.
Has anyone else heard of this?? I am open to any suggestions or thoughts anyone else has out there.

Old 12-29-2000, 09:56 PM   #2
Inactive

tup HB User
Re: Itchy Perineum

I had redness and itching around my anus for years too. What a drag! Went to several doctors got various creams, did little. I then came across an article saying it's a yeast infection. I tried some of those over the counter creams for yeast infections and they helped alot. Also started eating a clove of garlic or two a day as it's a very potent anti-viral,anti-bacterial and anti-fungal herb. Your husband could try a garlic pill, Kyolic is a good brand, if he doesn't like the raw garlic (who does?) but raw and natural is more potent. I also stopped wearing underwear to let as much air as possible into the area and tried to keep it dry. At least wear very loose,cotton underwear. It cleared up for me and I haven't been bothered in several years. You could also do a search on yeast infections to get more ideas. A good diet that balances the body chemisty will yield good results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread