It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2001, 03:53 AM   #1
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 19
SteveF HB User
Testicle discomfort

Recently, I've had a problem with my scrotum retracting until it is rock hard and becuase of this it's causing discomfort in my testicles, and also in my stomach (like i've been kicked in the nads). This happens a few times a day. There is also a very slight pain in my left testicle after ejaculation. Any ideas?

I've been on anti-inflamatory drugs for a few months (ibuprofen then diclofenac, for an unrelated problem), so could this have anything to do with it?

 
Old 09-04-2001, 08:04 AM   #2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 782
focus HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SteveF:
<B>
I've been on anti-inflamatory drugs for a few months (ibuprofen then diclofenac, for an unrelated problem), so could this have anything to do with it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this definitely could cause the problems you are having. Ibuprofen wouldn't be strong enough to cause it, but diclofenac possibly could. The anti-inflamatory drugs work by thinning the blood a bit, and loosening the tiny arteries and veins. The thinner blood, and possible lower blood pressure can affect the testicles, and in particular the scrotum temperature. Lower blood pressure will cause the testicles to be cooler, which the scrotum will automatically compensate for by pulling the testicles in closer to your body. Have you had chills or feel cold more than normal?

I'm not sure why your left testicle is causing pain after ejaculation. Have you felt around the testicle recently for anything unusual?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-04-2001, 08:12 AM   #3
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 19
SteveF HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by focus:
<B> Yes, this definitely could cause the problems you are having. Ibuprofen wouldn't be strong enough to cause it, but diclofenac possibly could. The anti-inflamatory drugs work by thinning the blood a bit, and loosening the tiny arteries and veins. The thinner blood, and possible lower blood pressure can affect the testicles, and in particular the scrotum temperature. Lower blood pressure will cause the testicles to be cooler, which the scrotum will automatically compensate for by pulling the testicles in closer to your body. Have you had chills or feel cold more than normal?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really. I come off the tablets soon so I'll see if things improve then.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>I'm not sure why your left testicle is causing pain after ejaculation. Have you felt around the testicle recently for anything unusual? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, and there doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary. It does hang noticably lower than the right one though.

 
Old 09-04-2001, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

SteveF - if you have these problems and are on pricribed medication, then why don't you tell your Doctor and ask if these "side effects" will leave after you stop taking the drugs?
keep us informed and good luck!

 
Old 09-04-2001, 02:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,640
Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

It could possibly be the meds but could be something else. Is it at all caused by a change in temperature (cold) that causes us all to draw up and shrink? If not I'd check with the doc. I often have some bit of a dull ache after an ejaculation but never lasts long and certainly doesn't "hurt" I chalk that up to my body recovering from the excitement and such. Any lasting discomfort should be reason to speak with your doc about!

 
Old 09-04-2001, 03:07 PM   #6
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 19
SteveF HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance2:
<B>It could possibly be the meds but could be something else. Is it at all caused by a change in temperature (cold) that causes us all to draw up and shrink? If not I'd check with the doc. I often have some bit of a dull ache after an ejaculation but never lasts long and certainly doesn't "hurt" I chalk that up to my body recovering from the excitement and such. Any lasting discomfort should be reason to speak with your doc about!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it doesn't exactly hurt but there is an ache that lasts about 10 mins after ejaculation. And when they shrink it just happens at random, nothing to do with a change in temperature. Sometimes they ache even when they haven't retracted.

Anyway, I'm seeing the doc tomorrow just in case it's something serious.

 
Old 09-05-2001, 03:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,640
Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

Glad you're having things checked out, let us know what you find out!

 
Old 09-05-2001, 10:07 AM   #8
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 19
SteveF HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

OK, I've just been to the doc and he examined my testicles and said they're fine. He reckoned the problem was nothing to do with the diclofenac, and would go away by itself, but if it's painful in the meantime I should just take a neurofen.

Well I'm glad to know nothing's seriously wrong, and I'll just see how it goes. Thanks to all those who replied. <IMG SRC="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/smile.gif"><p>[This message has been edited by SteveF (edited 09-05-2001).]

 
Old 09-05-2001, 08:39 PM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: IN, USA
Posts: 4
Rocky9945 HB User
Re: Testicle discomfort

Great news Steve, Hope it keeps getting better!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Discomfort in left testicle & in my left side Reckful Men's Health 4 05-09-2010 12:55 AM
Pain in Right Testicle swarley92 Urology 0 05-07-2009 01:51 PM
Left Testicle Discomfort - Hard at Back ShaunCDZ Men's Health 4 09-16-2008 03:06 PM
Pain and Discomfort in testicle when erections nokoBot Men's Health 1 11-22-2007 08:56 AM
testicles.... deejay11 Men's Health 9 10-14-2007 11:24 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Fles (14), mc7 (10), wachix (7), Bob652 (7), Vanilla Kiss (6), tommy124 (6), Just Tell Me (5), Mod-S4 (5), aowshea (5), solofelix (4)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (904), Titchou (847), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!