It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
Unregistered

Scars?

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys have any scars? and if so are you married and does your girlfriend mind at all? the reason I ask is because I had cancer when I was 12, I am now 18.It was in my ribs and I had surgery. Now that it is all past me I'm concerned with a scar that I have. It's 7 incheslong on my ride side. It's about halfway down and it's horizontal. Please just tell me some of your stories. Maybe I can feel better about my scar. knowing that there is girls out there that don't mind.

Old 01-28-2002, 12:57 AM   #2
(female)

lascot HB User
Re: Scars?

my boyfriend has large, rough scars on his back and shoulders due to an accident. i know he feels very shy about his body since the accident. i love him no matter what. he is the sexiest man i know. further the marks on his body remind me of how lucky i am that he was able to survive.

PS have you seen keanu reeves' scars? they are quite visable on his leg & belly. he still gets the girl at the end of the movie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #3

wearesiamese HB User

I would *never* care if a guy I liked had a scar. It's no big deal, it can happen to anyone. Don't worry.

Old 01-28-2002, 02:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

I hope that you can move beyond this, sounds as if you've already been through enough. I had a best friend who died when he was 33 as a result of cancer that began when he was 16, this poor guy had open heart surgery when he was 13, then developed cancer. He had more girls than many guys I knew and none ever thought one thing about those scars. Think of it this way...you're still here and able to have a girl to love and being intimate with...forget the scars and have fun...if she says anything about them.....she's not worth having in the first place! Be grateful you made it through the cancer...having lost both of my parents to it....GOOD FOR YOU! You fought the battle and won!

Old 01-28-2002, 10:02 PM   #5

Jim M HB User

You are a survivor and should be PROUD of that scar. Don't be afraid to show it off and if asked, tell them what it's from. believe it or not, it gives people hope that they too can have that chance to survive if needed. I know because I also have scars. They are on my chest from the heart transplant I had 18 months ago. I am very proud of that and i'm not afraid to show them. You see, I am a nudist, so a lot of people see my scars, some do ask and I don't mind telling them.

Old 01-31-2002, 06:33 PM   #6
(male)

college_dude HB User

Hey man, I have a 8" scar, that starts just above my penis, and goes over to my right hipbone. It is from the kidney transplant that I had five years ago that saved me from a living most of my life hooked to a machine. My kidneys failed as the result of a bad case of flu that I had as a kid. I was really self conscious about the scar at first, but I have been with girls who never even noticed that it was there.

Lost of people have scars, I have a buddy who has a scar on his chest from open heart sugery that he had as a kid. He still goes around shirtless all the time during the summer and never seems to have any problem getting HOT chicks.

Don't worry about it man just be glad that the cancer is gone and you are still here. I am just curious though what kind of cancer did you have in your ribs?

<p>[This message has been edited by college_dude (edited 01-31-2002).]

Closed Thread