It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #1

veggiehead HB User
boyfriend gets headache after ejaculating

For the past month to month and a half my boyfriend has been getting very severe headaches after ejaculating. He says that they vary in severity but that the pain is located mostly on the left side. The pain only happens after intercourse not everytime he ejaculates. Has anyone experienced similar or heard anything? He refuses to see a doctor and it worries me quite a bit because he appears to be in so much pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2001, 12:51 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: boyfriend gets headache after ejaculating

I guess there are several causes for this. Firstly when males ejaculate, just before the point of ejaculation, the penis engorges with Blood and therefore reducing (only slightly) the amount of blood in the body, the body also tenses up and thereby producing a orgasm. It is possible that when he masturbates, he actually doesn't tense so much, but with intercourse has no choice in control as he doesn't have his hand on his penis.

It could also be a lack of fluids and again this may be more pronouced when he ejaculates.

Check with you doctor if you are unsure still though!

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Unregistered

Nope, nurse!!!
There is a medical problem known as post-coital headache or orgasm-induced headache. It is similar to migraine and may be a type of migraine or cluster headache. He has very similar symptoms to migraines from what you're saying. He has one-sided throbbing pain that comes with orgasm. The cause is unknown. It could be stress, muscle tension, or circulation -related. If they hurt that bad he definitely needs to see his doctor, who can give him some medication to take when these headaches happen.
Also , sometimes sex can cause migraines in people who have never had them before.

Old 12-07-2001, 01:42 AM   #4
Unregistered

I am sorry, but I have looked through many of my medical textbooks that I uses regularly and have not found anything such as a post-coital or orgasm induced headache.
Some of the symptoms are related to a cluster headache although this is generally cause by a release of Histamine in the body and therefore causing the headache. Some of the other symptoms would be along the lines of sinusitis and a runny nose.

I think though from the information that you have given, that the headaches are most likely caused by Stress or tension and that they may be muscular.

It's work checking with your local doctor who can also do more tests and if necessary a CT Scan to check to make sure there is no underlying condition or problem.

Cheers,

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Old 12-07-2001, 10:17 AM   #5
Unregistered

I got my info from Synopsis of Psychiatry by Kaplan/Sadock, 6th ed., p. 455. They call it a postcoital headache. And you're right, may be nerves or tension.

Old 12-12-2001, 01:53 PM   #6

Babernethy HB User

There are also incidences of males getting orgasm induced headaches when they have high blood pressure.
I have had this same problem a couple of times, and I know of a man who is on blood pressure meds, who used to get headaches all the time. He has never had them since he has lowered his blood pressure.

B

Closed Thread