It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2001, 11:31 AM   #1

bradb2001 HB User
question about bump on bottom of testies

Hello,

About a week ago I took a long warm bath. While I was in there I felt my balls a little basically did the self test. Anyways, I noticed a bump on the bottom of the left one. Not on the front. Well, it has been 1 week now and it seems that my scrotum feels a little different. The testicle is not bigger than the other so I guess it is not swolen.

My question:

Where is testicular cancer most common? I need a little re-assurance I am scared. I am going to see the doctor soon, but this scares the hell outta me!

Also, in all cases do they have to remove your testicle when testicular cancer is found. Also, I have slight pain in the groin area. both balls.

Don't tell me to go to the doctor right away because that will scare me more. I need to hear about how rare it is and how I proabbly don't have it. LOL sorry but I am having a hard time thinking about only having 1 ball the resr of my life.

HELP!!!

Old 01-16-2001, 03:06 PM   #2

happysteve HB User
Re: question about bump on bottom of testies

Sorry dude, cant reasure you. Going to say all the things you dont want to hear.

The only way to get it sorted and to get peace of mind is to see the doctor. You will drive yourself crazy otherwise. I have never had a testicular cancer scare, but I have had other penis problems that I didnt see a Doc about. For years I worried and worried and it damaged my self esteem. It turned out to be harmess nothing, but I wasted so much time worrying about it. If it is testicular cancer and you do nothing about it, you will suffer far worse than me. The earlier it is detected and treated the better.

Unfortunately Testicular cancer is common, although I dont know the statistics.

As far as I know the cancer can grow anywhere in the testicle, so location isnt much help. I could be wrong on that one though.

Also, the bump is actually within the testicle or just a skin bump on the surface? If you can describe the bump better then someone may be able to give you some other idea's about what it could be!<p>[This message has been edited by happysteve (edited 01-16-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2001, 04:34 PM   #3

matteo HB User

hi, i do testicular ultrasounds so i can answer some of you concerns. first off, testicular ca is almost always a bump or lump you will feel directly on your testicle as you feel it by moving your teste through your fingers. in the later stages of ca your teste will enlarge a bit and start to feel hard, like a rock. second, there is a structure called the epididymis that lies on the top(the epi head), runs along the side(the epi body), and the bottom(the epi tail. the epi head is a very common place for small cysts to form(almost all men have them). they are usually too small to feel, but can be felt if large enough.they are just that , benign simple cysts and nothing to worry about. i would say, because most men do not pay too much attention to doing self exams, that once they feel something odd(such as a bump)it is usually 90% the epididymis that they and you are feeling and nothing is wrong. the only way for you to know is to see the dr. as i said, if you have a more serious problem you will feel something right on your teste ...not above or below it and your teste will feel somewhat harder than the other.
hope this helps. write again if you have more questions. matteo

Old 01-16-2001, 06:34 PM   #4

bradb2001 HB User

Well, It is a bump like on the teste itself. However, Now I have determinded that it goes and comes. Sometimes it is there sometimes it is not. I am going to see the doctor in the morning. My stress is starting to go away because I have determined that my life is in God's hands. Even though it is probably not that serious. It started as a small pain in the right testy, more of a discomfort actually but now it is a bump in the right. However, now these slight pains are in the left right where the bump is. But as I said before it comes and goes.

I just kinda hope he doesnt have to send me to a uroligest (however you spell it) I just want an antibiotic or something. Whatever, I am confused now. I am 16, lol, what do you expect?

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-17-2001, 03:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

I say good for you! I wish that as adult men we encouraged our younger men and teens to do exactly what you did. Self examination and being concerned about our equipment (and sometimes even our health!) are things that we don't do enough of. I suspect that you'll find all is well. It could be a small cyst or just part of the package. When you leave the docs office you'll know for sure! I hope you'll drop us a note to let us know what you find out. Good Job for checking yourself and the follow through with seeing the doc!

Old 01-17-2001, 11:24 PM   #6

bradb2001 HB User

Well, Wen't to the doctor! Described the problem in detail. He says just to not worry. The slight pains are gone pretty much all today. When he felt me up the bump was gone and has been all day until now. I feel it now no pain even when contact is made. Should I worry? Actually, I did not feel it until I sat down and my balls got loose. Holy crap. This is depressing. What comes and goes like this? HELP!

Old 01-17-2001, 11:28 PM   #7

bradb2001 HB User

Matteo, do these cysts appear on the bottom of the testicle also? If so would that be something that would come and go throughout the day?

--Brad

Old 01-18-2001, 08:20 AM   #8

WCK108 HB User

Hi. I have almost an identical problem. For a while now I've had a occasional pain in the area of my left testicle and/or the left side of my penis. Very strange and alarming. It comes and goes and is never a horrible pain. I saw a doctor a few months ago and he examined me and said not to worry.
Examining myself the other night I found a very tiny bump on my RIGHT testicle. Not the one that hurts! Anyway, it was on the bottom of the testicle. Suffice to say I freaked out and am seeing a urologist tomorrow. The weird thing is that yesterday and this morning I can't relocate the bump! This has really got me bugged out.
I know what you're going through!!!

Old 01-18-2001, 01:24 PM   #9

bradb2001 HB User

Wow! We are going through the same thing. Interesting. Yes, my bump comes and goes also. I have the occasional pain in either testicle, usually the right (one without bump.)

Let me know what you hear from the urologist. How old are you, if you don't mind me ask.

Sounds like we have the same problem. I have not yet had the bump today. We'll see what happens.

Thanks so much for posting!

Old 01-18-2001, 01:37 PM   #10

WCK108 HB User

I'm 24 years old. Yeah, I haven't been able to locate the bump again; it was quite small to begin with. It sounds like you got some good news from your doctor though, and that's gotta make you feel better. I'll let you know what happens.

Old 01-18-2001, 05:01 PM   #11

matteo HB User

yes you can have cysts on the ottom also, on the epididymal tail. these would not come and go but your teste may rotate and change position. that may make it difficult to relocate in the same area all the time. what it also sounds like is you may be feeling a dialated vein or vessel. thes can sometimes enlarge and then return to normal size depending on what your doing..standing, sitting, excercising,ect. when they dialate they can cause temporary pain that goes away after it returns to normal. many men do feel these vessels and mistake them for more serious bumps. as long as you were checked by dr i wouldn't worry, but i would certainly see dr again if it becomes worse and you feel it on a more regular basis. also do not be afraid to suggest having an ultrasound test just to be sure. thats the best way to know for sure. matteo

Old 01-18-2001, 11:06 PM   #12

bradb2001 HB User

So, How long do these dialated veins or vessels usually stay around?

Closed Thread