It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2001, 11:56 AM   #1

dexys HB User
Scar -- please help

Hello,

Several years ago, I had an injury when playing football when my groin was kicked. A scar developed on the underside of my penis which has not faded much since. It is dark red in colour. I have also since developed what appears to be genital warts, but I have never had sex, so it can't be an STD. This is maybe realted to the injury.

Can anyone recommend anything to improve this condition or any good urology sites online which answer questions as I just can't gather up the courage to see a doctor about it.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Old 10-15-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
Re: Scar -- please help

Are you sure the scar was related to the injury? If you're circumcised, it could be a circumcision scar. Or if its near the base of the penis and goes to the testicles, it could be the perenium scar we all have. Which way does the scar go? Length-wise, or around the circumference?

What you describe as genital warts is probably hair follicles. Are they bumps near the base of the penis? If so, that's what they are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2001, 02:20 PM   #3

dexys HB User

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I am circumcised but the scar definitely relates to the injury. It is a red scar running length-wise from the tip of my penis (on the underside) to the scrotum and is red in colour.

The warts I mentioned are, I think, to do with a gluten infection triggered by the injury. Yes I do have bumps near the base of the penis, but my skin below my hair in the genital area is a reddish colour.

Thanks for your reply and any further info, particularly to do with the scar, as it is seriously worrying me.

Old 10-18-2001, 06:51 PM   #4
Inactive

focus HB User

I'm a bit puzzled how you got a scar in the first place. Did this injury cause a cut in your penis? Was there bleeding? Did a doctor do any work to your penis after the injury (i.e. stitches)?

Is the scar a perfectly straight line that continues down the middle of your scrotum?

I wouldn't worry about the bumps at the base of the penis. Most likely hair follicles. They may be red and inflammed due to a possible fungal infection or "jock itch". Be sure to wash the area well in the shower daily, and rinse all the soap away. After you dry yourself off, apply talcum powder to keep the area dry during the day. This will help prevent any fungus growth.

Old 10-19-2001, 02:08 PM   #5

dexys HB User

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I got the injury from being accidentally kicked on the underside of the penis during a football match.

I foolishly never got it looked at at the time, and have tried a lot of creams etc since to no effect.

It isn't a cut in my penis - it's a red raised scar lengthwise on the underside of my penis which stops at my scrotum. It is a straght line almost, yes.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2001, 02:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

That sounds just like the "scar" we all have. It's left over from when the cell division happened and when we actually became a small baby with a developing penis. Probably has nothing to do with the kick and everything to do with being a guy. For some of us that "scar" is much more pronounced than others.

Old 10-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #7

dexys HB User

Hello Lance,

Do you know any places on the internet with info and preferrably pictures about this so that I could read up on it?

Thanks very much for your help.

Old 10-19-2001, 03:20 PM   #8

dexys HB User

Hello,

I should have mentioned that the scar runs down the outer skin of my penis.

Sorry for not making that clear.

Old 10-19-2001, 08:09 PM   #9
Inactive

focus HB User

I think its what lance said. It's called the perenium, and its where the 2 pieces of skin that would otherwise be a vagina are joined together early in the pregnancy. All males have this, some more pronounced than others. Its usually most noticeable on the scrotum and runs to the anus, however it can also be seen on the underside of the penis sometimes, especially for those who are not circumcised.

Being kicked in the penis would not cause a scar unless there was a cut on the penis itself. There needs to be a cut in order for there to be a scar.

Closed Thread