It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
(male)

nickester HB User
Question bump on shaft of penis - was able to scratch off

I noticed a small pimple like bump on the shaft of my penis. When touching it with the tip of my index finger, it feels like a bump with a point of some sort at the middle. The last time I saw it, the center had a small black dot. It felt like if I scratched it, the point would just peel off and so I scratched it. When I scratched it off, nothing really happened. It just came off and now there is a small patch of skin missing where that bump existed. Now that small area just looks a bit shiny due to whatever liquid there may be present due to scratching off the skin. Can you tell me if this is the beginning stages of genital warts?

I have had protected (with male condom) sex with a girl who said she had hpv in the past but at the time was not present on her body.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
(female)

Outsidergirl HB User
Re: bump on shaft of penis - was able to scratch off

Hello nickester,
The Symptoms may occur several weeks or into months after being exposed to Human Papilloma Virus HPV....
If you have Itching or burning around the sex organs. Painless growths, beginning as tiny, soft pink or even red spots.
Spots develop into small, white/yellow/gray bumpy warts on the sex organs or even anus. Also warts can grow very quickly into irregularly shaped that looks like cauliflower.

But In men, Genital warts is less common than females, But warts can occur on..
scrotum (the sac that holds the testicles)
tip or shaft of the penis....

But longer HPV warts are allowed to grow, the more persistent they become and untreated genital warts can eventually spread, grow, and multiply into large clusters causing health complications..
There are many people who have are infected with HPV do not develop the warts for many years...
I think you so go see a doctor about this and not wait..
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread