It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
(male)

tbagz HB User
Erection persists when lying flat

For the last few months I have had difficulty sleeping due to being woken up by erections during the night - every night. I know that night-time erections are normal, but mine do not go away on their own. They are uncomfortable, though not painful, and wake me up 2-5 times per night. I have tried lying in bed up to 20 minutes to see if they ever go away and they do not. I have to physically sit up in bed or walk around and they immediately go away. Consequently, I can't get more than 3-4 hours of sleep at a time.

I saw a urologist and he said he's never heard of this and has no suggestions on how to treat it. I'm not on viagara or any medications. I have a vericocele, rated as "2 out of 4" by the urologist. He said there is definitely no link between the vericocele and my erection issue. I am married and have a normal sex life - everything works as it should when I'm awake. I have seen the commercials warning that erections lasting 4 hours require emergency attention and am worried what would happen to me if I slept through the night with an erection the whole time? Anyone out there ever experience this?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
(male)

JumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB UserJumperOK HB User
Re: Erection persists when lying flat

It's actually more normal to have night-time erections than you may think. It's the lack of night-time erections that are an indication of ED. If I recall correctly, guys can have several night-time erections in one night.

Does it do this even if you and your wife have been intimate right before going to sleep?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
(male)

tbagz HB User

I agree, night-time erections are normal. The problem is that mine seem to not go away on their own. This happens every night whether or not I have had sex recently.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
(male)

ksulli10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagz View Post
I agree, night-time erections are normal. The problem is that mine seem to not go away on their own. This happens every night whether or not I have had sex recently.
Masturbate right before you go to sleep (although I assume you have tried this). Maybe after the first one wakes you up, masturbate again. Maybe it will only happen once per night?

I really have no idea here, man. Are they painful? How are they waking you up? They shouldn't be painful...

Closed Thread