It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #1

Reny HB User
Question sex with 2 guys in one week=who is the father ?

On a 28 days cycle,usualy on the 14th day, ovulation occurs, taking in consideration a woman had sex on the 10th and 11th day of her cycle with guy A and on day 12th, 13th and 14th (*ovulation day*) with guy b, and she is pregnant now, who is more likely to be the father ? and if you think is guy B, what about the fact that sperm can live inside the body for 5 days?

Old 01-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
there really is no sure fire way to tell one way or the other- who's sperm won out. Other than a DNA test- which I don't think can be done until AFTER baby is born.

{edited to delete a reference to another reply that has been deleted, thanks, bfl}

[This message has been edited by bfl (edited 01-02-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2003, 09:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I was under the impression sperm can live for only about 2 days. (The 5 days to avoid comes from about 2 days of live sperm, ovulation day, and about 2 days for the egg to leave the danger zone, all rounded up). So assuming this female has a cycle of textbook exactitude, the father would be guy b based on a 2-day life span of sperm.

However, the real test would be the dna test they have once the baby is born.

Also, to be sure, day 'one' is the first day of her last period?

Old 01-02-2003, 02:28 PM   #4

FrostyKitten HB User
Only way you're going to know for sure is if you have DNA testing done once the baby is born. Unless you know FOR SURE when you ovulated (medically, not just by a guess), and who you were with on the 6 days or so before and after that period, you are left to guessing.

Old 01-03-2003, 01:54 PM   #5

metallichik HB User
frostykitten is right. the only way to tell will be a dna test. it doesn't matter who you had sex with closer to ovulation, but only whose sperm fertilized the egg.

Old 01-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #6

Reny HB User
Calixte,
Its ok I dont even bother with that low comment. People have different issues to deal with, if you think you can judge somebody and you can throw the first rock at them go right ahead, but I think you cant. Everybody does things they regret, thats how they learn from their mistakes. This is a health board for clarifications and concerns on health topics, not to judge people by their sexual conduct, specially when you dont even know who you talking about.

Old 01-06-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
WOAH!
Reny, do you think I was referring to you? I was referring to someone that was name calling. (Thier post has now been deleted.)
I wasn't rock throwing.
Just wanted to clarify.

[This message has been edited by Calixte_Silas (edited 01-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Calixte_Silas (edited 01-06-2003).]

Old 01-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #8

silently confident HB User
you should get some condoms if your having sex with multiple partners.

Old 01-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #9
Veteran

Pinkroses HB User
A DNA test is the only way to tell for sure.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #10
Inactive

MDC HB User
The question is, which is more likely to be the father, not how can you find out which one fathered the baby.

Definitely guy "b" would be more likely. The best chance for fertilization is having sex the day of ovulation. Having sex 3-4 days before is unlikely to cause a pregnancy relatively speaking.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:35 AM   #11
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
A friend of mine had sex with a guy (A) one day and they next 2 days in a row with another guy (B) then no one else the whole month I would have figured guy (B) would have been the father but it turned out by DNA to be guy (A). So maybe sperm does live a few days and his got there first even though all encounters were one right after another. Crazy how it works isnt it? Best of luck a DNA or amniocenteisis might tell before birth not sure though. God Bless.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 01-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by MDC:
The question is, which is more likely to be the father, not how can you find out which one fathered the baby.

Definitely guy "b" would be more likely. The best chance for fertilization is having sex the day of ovulation. Having sex 3-4 days before is unlikely to cause a pregnancy relatively speaking.
While that may have been the question, decided who's the dad based on "more likely" is pretty foolish. Especially since it's so close. Might as well base it on who has more money. (Kidding.)

Better to get the definitive answer with a DNA test, even if they are expensive.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:52 AM   #13

MikeGinny HB User
Guy B would be more likely, but that isn't a 100% guarantee. As others have said, paternity testing would be the only way to know for sure.

------------------
-Mike
Certified Mad Scientist

"90% of people are
caused by accident."

"90% of people are
caused by accident."

Closed Thread