It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
(male)

strangequestion HB User
First yeast, then urethritis, now what?

This is a rather drawn out and sort of painful experience, so please bear with me if you care to read and respond. Last spring, after deciding to have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, I noticed that I had some small bumps on the tip of my glans. We were both virgins, so I wasn't concerned about contagion, but I'm uncircumcised and I knew that it is easier for uncircumcised men to contract some STDs. I went to a doctor, who told me that I had a yeast infection and prescribed ketoconazole cream, which took care of the bumps.

But a few months later, after I'd broken up with the first guy and had another sexual partner, the bumps came back (this time with itching and redness) and I got freaked out. I went to another doctor, who gave me an exhaustive STD panel and told me I probably had a yeast infection. I also had little bumps in my mouth and a ridge on the inside of my cheek where my bite line is, which I'd never had before, but the doctor said they were nothing to worry about. All of the tests (herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.) came back negative, and the doctor told me to use an anti-fungal cream, like Lotramin, for three weeks to control the bumps and redness. I did, and for a short time, the problem went away.

And then for months it kept coming back -- even the small vesicle-like bumps on the inside of my cheeks were on and off. During the winter, the problems with my glans went away almost entirely, and with the exception of a little dryness, I was fine.

But as soon as it got warm again, it flared up. Springtime coincided with the first time I'd felt comfortable having sex again, and I received oral sex from a third person. Afterward, I had the same telltale red bumps and itching, and shortly thereafter I experienced an itchy, tingly pain on the inside of my urethra. Within a week it had migrated to my abdomen, and I went to my local STD clinic. All my tests came back negative, but the doctor gave me a gram of azithromycin for what she called urethritis. In a day, the pain and tinging went away, but I still had the redness and bumps to deal with. (I should mention that the guy who gave me oral had a battery of tests done, and all of those came back negative, too.)

I had my teeth cleaned a week or so later and asked my dentist about the bumps in my mouth. She said they were "something like pimples" and that I shouldn't worry about them. I found a new family doctor, who prescribed a combination treatment of Lotramin and Zeasorb for the bumps and redness on my glans that still hadn't gone away. Three weeks later, I was more or less back to normal, although I noticed the skin on my glans was, for lack of a better description, a little more papery than I remembered it being before.

Thinking I was better again, I had another encounter with the same guy. Afterward, I started feeling the itching and tingling in my penis that I'd had before. I went back to the STD clinic, got tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphyllis, and a doctor gave me a week's worth of doxycycline. The tests came back negative. I thought that was going to make it better, and while I was on the medication I was experiencing less and less interior itchiness every day. But now that I'm off it, it's back. And what's worse is that at this point, the redness on my glans has come back, but all the itching is happening inside.

Sometimes the itchiness and pain is really mild, other times it's almost unbearable. I don't know what to do or what kind of doctor to see or if there's a test that hasn't been performed yet. I just want my penis to feel and look normal again, inside and out. Any help, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread