It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

silverfoxp HB User
red rash on upper thigh growing..

Since coming to uni, im not gunna lie, ive been incredibly stupid when it comes down to sex and protection, and ive not really used any.. so since september ive slept with 9 seperate girls without using anything and since my last one, 3 weeks ago i noticed a red dry rash on the inside of my right thigh, i thought nothing of it at first and just made sure i washed it properly in the shower, but its double in size and im really worried about it... ive had all the sexual health tests 5 days ago but at the time the "rash" wasnt on my mind so i forgot to mention it and since it has got worse, and alot more itchy...

anyways these two images just show the rashes, the nessecities are covered up dont worry, but any helpw ould be appreciated..
[deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-04-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Please attach pictures, not link to them. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: red rash on upper thigh growing..

It's ringworm. Ringworm is not a worm. It is a skin disease caused by a fungus. The same ones that cause athlete's foot and jock itch. So, you can buy and use the same medicine. Get the cream and follow directions. Keep using even when the rash starts to get better and for a while after it disappears. Do not scratch! You just make it worse. When you apply the cream make sure to go about 1/2 an inch all the way around the rash on healthy skin to stop the ringworm from growing out and away from your treatment.Beware of home remedies that you see on the internet - a lot of them will burn your skin bad and leave a mark.

The following user gives a hug of support to esker:
silverfoxp (12-05-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to esker For This Useful Post:
silverfoxp (12-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
(male)

silverfoxp HB User

so its not an sti/std? i have been worrying so much thank you! is there a specific cream im to ask for? if so can you reccomend something or a brand name or something? thank you

Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

It's not an std though you may have acquired it sexually. Ringworm can be spread by any form of skin to skin contact. It's very common and usually comes from children or pets. You can use any antifungal cream made for jock itch and athtletes foot, such as lamisil or lotrimin. Buy them over the counter at the store.

Closed Thread