It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

whatswrong777 HB User
Decreased sexual sensation, etc.

I am a 34 year old healthy male. For quite a while now I've had little if any sensation during sex or masturbation, to varying degrees each time. I believe it started about 6 to 9 months ago, and it has been severe in the last few months. Everything works fine otherwise. I have no problem getting an erection, no problem ejaculating, etc. I just have very little to no pleasure. Also, I don't get excited about sex like I used to. It's as if I'm interested in sex mentally, but I've lost the biological craving or need for sex that I have always had previously. Additional issues I've had in the last few months are discomfort in my left abdomen and pelvis (it feels almost as if my muscles are being stretched too far in that area), lower left back pain that varies in intensity, usually bothering me most during sleep, very frequent urination, more intense feelings of needing to urinate than I used to have in the past, and sometimes minor pain at the outset of urination. Another thing I've noticed is a sort of pressure in the area between my scrotum and my rectum. Additionally, I have discomfort in my left groin area sometimes, and have had pain there at times in the recent past when I've moved certain ways, almost as if there's a really slight tear or strain in the area. I've been to a couple of doctors, including a urologist. I also had a CT scan and the urologist stuck a camera inside me to look at my bladder, which he said was more muscular than it should normally be, though he didn't believe it was a big deal. He also told me that my prostate was somewhat enlarged, more than it should be for someone my age. He prescribed Flomax, but I haven't taken any of it because I really don't want to, especially since it only addresses symptoms and not causes, and since a slightly enlarged prostate, which many men have, doesn't seem to me like it would be the source of my problems. I have an appointment to see a physical therapist, as I believe there may be something going on with my muscles in that area. Meanwhile, I'm very frustrated that none of the doctors seem to know or care what's wrong. They've basically told me that the sexual issue, which bothers me very much, is probably due to stress or depression. While I've had both in the past 6 to 9 months, I am convinced that there is something physical causing these problems. I've been depressed and stressed before, and never experienced something like this. I took Paxil about 15 years ago for depression and it caused sexual symptoms very similar to what I'm now experiencing, but the symptoms went away immediately when I stopped taking the medication. My situation now is just like that, only now there is no medication for me to stop taking. One other thing I'm wondering about is whether a PSA test is something I should take. A friend told me that the doctors should have already given me one. They have not.
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone that thinks they can help me figure out what's going on.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread