It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
(male)

w12791929 HB User
Condom problem - Cant maintain erection with condom

Hello

I am a 19 year old virgin.

I have no problem getting an erection, me and my girlfriend do things together sexually except actual sex, and it came to a time where It was time to have full vaginal sex.

However, (and this happened with my ex gf as well last year), I got the condom on just fine, very smoothly infact, on my erect penis. But then my penis starting getting flaccid, and me and my gf had to try and do erotic things to keep it up, and it did go back up, but as soon as I tried putting it into the vagina it gets flaccid.

I do not have erectile dysfuntion or anything, I am perfectly able to get an erection, I just seem to have a problem maintain an erection with a condom on

Can anybody give me some advice? Any tips to try an maintain an erection when wearing a condom? Any procedures or secrets known by anyone?

Thank you

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
(male)

w12791929 HB User
Re: Condom problem - Cant maintain erection with condom

Help anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by w12791929 View Post
I do not have erectile dysfuntion or anything,
Yes you do.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection.

You're probably suffering from performance anxiety.
Try to relax and things should be fine.

Good Luck.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
(male)

dakubeaner HB User

Perhaps you should try experimenting with different condoms. I was like you in the beginning and I tried different products such as ribbed, thin, etc. So far ribbed is my favorite to use and I have had no problem staying erect since using it.

Also just try to relax and not worry, I think it also has to do with anxiety. Don't let this situation deter you to NOT use a condom. I know it's tempting to just have sex without a condom, but remember to just try different products.

The Following User Says Thank You to dakubeaner For This Useful Post:
w12791929 (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
(male)

w12791929 HB User

update:

I lost my virginity! on 28th may 2012.

HOWEVER, a week before, the same thing happened, we were about to have sex and i couldnt maintain an erection, my confidence was at its lowest point and i felt like cr*p.

But then it happened a week later!
Basically, I took Dakubeaners advice and bought different condoms. I then used the spare condoms that didnt work for me keeping an erection the first time, to practice putting on, with my foreskin at different levels (e.g. rolled forward, rolled a bit back etc) and i realised its best if my foreskin was NOT contracted when the condoms on (pull forward) Because, this allowed me to masturbate with my foreskin not moving, which felt nice.

Then, at my house, my gf suggested sex, i was nervous, but stayed calm. I got the condom on, and noticed it started going flaccid, which i thought "here we go again!" but we managed to get past that and we had sex! :O

The condom i used was dotted.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-30-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Terminology. / Exact details of the act are not necessary. Thanks.

Closed Thread