It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Question Wet Dreams

Hi,
What causes men to have wet dreams?Do men have them due to lack of sex?Is it normal for a 29 year old man to have wet dreams?When they have them,are they dreaming of the woman they love or dreaming of any woman?Does the dream always have to be sexual?Sorry for all the questions but am curious...

Old 08-24-2002, 06:56 PM   #2

gwle HB User
I haven't had a wet dream since I was like 9. Men have wet dreams for the same reasons why women do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2002, 06:30 AM   #3
Inactive

kama2080 HB User
Jasmine...
I'm a female and I have had an orgasm in my sleep..it is perfectly normal for males and females to experience sexually stimulating dreams. (And it's actually kind of nice!)

Old 08-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #4
(male)

Michael _aka_Sparky HB User
The only problem with a guy having a wet dream, is a big mess when he wakes up LOL.

Sparky http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

Old 08-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #5
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Thanks for all your answers so far.But when a man has a wet dream,does it mean he is not having sex regularly?

Old 08-25-2002, 06:38 PM   #6

russss HB User
hmmm...
i am 21. i have never had a wet dream but i have had dreams of sex. when i was single the dreams were of random women, but now that i have not been single for over 2 years i dont have sex dream anymore. so it could very well be due to the ammount of sex the guy gets.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:28 AM   #7

baldie HB User
it can happen at all times, not a matter of how frequent you are or anything, just the type of dream, and no not always is the partner the one you dream of, the brains are complex. don't be angry if the dream is not about you. we cannot help ourselfs.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #8
(male)

Michael _aka_Sparky HB User
The few that I did have were of random women. It was during a time that I was not very sexually active.

Sparky

Old 11-13-2002, 11:18 AM   #9

fluffym HB User
My boyfiend of 7 years had a wet dreams, this really upset me as I thought that it was something against me. I have been trying frantically to find out wether this is normal or not. Thanks to this website I can relax a little better now. But I thought that wet dreams only happend when boys were teenagers, not men of 27.

------------------
Michele

Old 11-14-2002, 06:52 AM   #10

PiePants HB User
LOL...

I haven't had them in a while, but once when I went off masturbation for several weeks, I had one. So it could be from a lack of action, coupled with intense thoughts.

Old 11-15-2002, 07:05 AM   #11
(male)

Kiltee HB User
Yes, wet dreams can be triggered by a lack of sex. But they can equally be triggered by any dream which stimulates the pleasure receptors in his brain - when you're asleep, your higher brain functions close down and it's harder to differentiate between types of feeling. This is why people can have incredibly emotional reactions to even the most mundane of dreams. As such, he could be getting excited by dreaming about a new car or winning a game of squash. Equally, he could be dreaming about getting low down n' dirty with Britney...

Old 11-16-2002, 01:31 PM   #12

paulb HB User
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by jasmine30:
Thanks for all your answers so far.But when a man has a wet dream,does it mean he is not having sex regularly?
The answer to most of your questions contains the word probably.

In general, wet dreams are an automatic process consequent to the build-up of sexual "tension". Whether that actually corresponds to the filling to "overflow" of the seminal vesicles, or is instead a function of "need" in the brain itself, is moot, and I'd guess "a little bit of each".

So, it is certainly true that in general, guys have (much) fewer wet dreams if they masturbate or have sex with others often enough, but equally, they may "drop off" in frequency if he has no sex or masturbation at all over an extended period (this may also be an indicator of depression), and he may get them even if he is having a whale of a time with an exciting partner - demonstrating that he is really turned on!

So obviously, the "sexual tension" which I mentioned, is not just a "so much per day/ week" build-up, but a matter of (opportunity for) stimulation.

Does that answer it for you? If he has wet dreams because of you, that's equally a compliment as hm having them if he "misses" you.

Age? More common in puberty for sure, but never too old. Some men "get lucky" later in life.

How sexual is the dream and what about? Wide individual variation for sure - could be current partner, could be someone else, could be old flame, could be movie star, could be same sex, could be self, could be no-one; means little other than all these things are able to be imagined, and that is what dreams are - imagination! Not necessarily connected with conscious desires by any means, is generally not able to be "chosen" - but of course as ever, may be.

Many dreams which should be "wet" are aborted by waking - perhaps not really wanting to make a mess.

And - undoubtedly happens to women also - some "wet" dreams may be wetter than others, because some actually feature peeing instead of ejaculation - usually due to being very sleepy but a full bladder. In fact, many older and adult bed-wetters probably do this.

Closed Thread