It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
(male)

jm5fsu HB User
STD's and Side Effects

I've recently been diagnosed with Gonorrhea. I think I caught it fairly quick and I went to the doctor today and he gave me anti-biotics. The girl I got it from swears she doesn't have anything and refuses to get tested. Unfortunately the Gonorrhea is not what I am worried about. Around the same time I starting noticing symptoms for Gonorrhea I got a nasty cold. I didn't think anything of it till now. I was doing research and it says that HIV can give you flu like symptoms. I am very worried that this girl had much more than just gonorrhea. Or is it possible that the gonorrhea gave me those cold like symptoms? I'd appreciate any info or feedback. I am very nervous that now I should get tested for HIV.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: STD's and Side Effects

It is possible that the "nasty cold" has nothing to do with your gonorrhea infection. In other words, you had a nasty cold and gonorrhea. So the symptoms are completely separate -- and your doctor would have made sure he was treating you for gonorrhea, not HIV.

However, you have searched the web and found that there is a connection between "flu-like symptoms" and HIV. So you have a choice: you can continue to worry or you can trust that your doctor is treating the gonorrhea correctly (and your doctor would certainly know the difference between HIV and gonorrhea) or you can talk to your doctor again and ask to be tested for HIV.

For your own peace of mind, the third choice is probably best. But I think your doctor knows what s/he is doing.

Incidentally, the girl who "swears she doesn't have anything" is either telling the truth as she knows it or she is lying. If it is absolutely certain that she transmitted the gonorrhea infection to you, then you should do three things:
  1. Tell her to consult a doctor and be tested
  2. Tell your mates to have no sexual contact with her
  3. Never have sexual contact with her again
My best wishes. I hope your problems disappear soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cold, flu, gonorrhea, hiv, std