It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 12:12 AM   #1

ibm HB User
Angry TASTE BUDS ARE BLACK?? help

hi everyone,

im a 17 year old boy to start off. My problem is my tounge. My tounge has dark spots on it. Out of the ordinary. My taste buds are turning black, but very few of them are and it is not noticable at all. I dont know if it is Cancer or something. anyone have any idea what this is? Sorry, i got no $$ for the Docs, so i cant see them.

Old 12-04-2002, 10:14 AM   #2

sunshine3 HB User
You had better find some money for a Dr. because that is totally abnormal...I have heard that when you have HIV you will get black stuff on your tongue...so go to a public health dept. and get checked PRONTO!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 07:11 PM   #3

Dunkers HB User
IBM,
Get on line and check out a condition called Black Hairy Tongue (sounds ridiculous but is a real condition) Its cause is unknown but the medical profession puts it down to fungus and many other causes (HIV is in there but usually you would know you had HIV along time before the tongue showed signs). Hairy Tongue can cause a dry mouth and bad breath but generally not a great deal of discomfort. Take SunShine3's advice and at least go to a public health department and get this checked out. It's important that you have you tongue looked at by a doctor. I know what a pain tongue problems can be, I've been suffering with a burning sensation on my tonuge for months and at least 5 doctors are stumped as to what is causing it. Please post back your progress.
Good Luck,
Dunk.

Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 PM   #4
(female)

lascot HB User
if you have no funds & need treatment, try calling SF General. they are obligated to see the ill. for that matter. so are all hospitals.

We lived in the city for a couple of years.
<<<BWT>>>

Old 12-05-2002, 10:13 AM   #5

mushroom1 HB User
When I was in my early twenties...I was sick with the stomach flu, sore throat, the works. I went to the mirror and examined myself and saw that my toungue was also black. I began to freak out, until I realized that it scraped right off. I later realized that it was totally from Pepto Bismol!!!

I felt pretty silly, yet recently my own son, came up to me with a worried look on his face...he too had discovered that HE had a black toungue...Pepto again.

I hope this is what has happened to you, too.

Old 12-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #6

ibm HB User
i dont think my problem is pepto bismol. a few of my taste buds are brown. i have no idea whats wrong!!

Old 12-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #7

ibm HB User
i dont think my problem is pepto bismol. a few of my taste buds are brown. i have no idea whats wrong!! Any ideas?

Old 12-05-2002, 10:01 PM   #8

ibm HB User
Oh yes, i forgot to mention that i dont have HIV/AIDS and my tounge gets no pain at all. Except sometimes i'd get some moderate-bad dry mouth, i drink like 6-7 cups of water per day. Strange. And another thing, none of the hary looking parts are brown, just a few taste buds (the round red/pink domes)

Old 12-06-2002, 06:07 AM   #9

summersolstice HB User
My mum had the same thing wrong with her. She said the first thing that helped her get rid of it was drinking hot water with lemon and ginger every morning and occassionally washing her mouth out with warm salty water. (but that may be an old wives tale.)

Closed Thread