It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
(male)

RandomStranger HB User
Diagnose me please? :)

Hello! I am having a problem with my penis. Basically I often feel a mild need to urinate and it persists throughout the day even after I urinate. I usually feel like I have urine left a minute or two after urinating. I am not sure if it is dietary, habitual or health related. Here are some interesting things of note.

- About two years ago I had a bladder infection and had an extreme need to urinate which persisted for 2 days. I received medicine (not sure which) and was fine in about 3 days.

- I have tourettes and ocd.

- I played poker professionally online and got into the habit of going to the washroom during the hourly 5 minute break just in case. I think this may have caused problems.

- I have drank an extreme amount of soda during my lifetime(I'm 28 years old)

- I spend almost all of my time in a chair and typically drink water lately.

- I eat fairly unhealthily, especially takeout food such as pizza.

- I visited my doctor about this and She was not helpful at all. I had to go to a bunch of appointments and checkups which resulted in nothing and now I don't want to waste my time with that again as I am quite busy.

- I rarely get erections throughout the day(I believe because I often feel an urge to urinate.) My penis can still be erect but it is typically not very hard like it would be before this problem started.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on but I'd estimate 6 months.

That is all the pertinent information that comes to mind. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Diagnose me please? :)

If your Dr. recently checked you for a Urinary Tract, Kidney or Bladder Infection and there's no burning sensation or pain associated with the frequent need then you may very well have "trained" yourself to urinate too much. If she didn't test you for the above you need to get checked as antibiotics are the only thing that will cure them. When you had your last Bladder infection did you finish the entire bottle of antibiotics? If not, there's a good chance the infection did not properly clear up.

If you've just "trained" your bladder to urinate frequently, then you simply need to "re-train" it to a more normal pattern. Stop drinking constantly, don't automatically go to the bathroom every hour unless you actually have to urinate. You will have to "hold it" for a while and go to the bathroom on a schedule at first to get back in a more normal pattern. Try going every hour and a half, then every 2 hours, then every 2 and 1/2 hours until you get your bladder back to where it's signaling you normally that you actually have to urinate. If you don't have an infection. You've just taken the Bladder's "function" away from it, and it needs to learn how to function again.

If you try all of this and it doesn't work, then you need to see a different Dr. and see if there is a more serious underlying problem.

Take care,

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
RandomStranger (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
(male)

RandomStranger HB User

It was months ago and I actually forget what my doctor checked for but I had a cat scan and everything appeared normal. I have no pain or burning sensation. As for the antibiotics from 2 years ago, I don't recall if I consumed all of the pills in the prescription. Is there any harm in buying them and using them as a potential fix to my problem? Is it possible to get such medication without a doctor appointment?

I think it may just be habitual like you mentioned. However, I rarely experience an erection due to the constant feeling that I need to urinate. Do you think that would be normal for someone who has developed a habit of urinating?

Thanks very much for your information and advice

Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

For a UTI, Bladder or Kidney she would have had you give her a urine sample.

No you cannot get anti-biotics without a prescribtion.

I did a little more checking on the erection problem and a possible UTI:

There are 16 conditions associated with frequent urination and unable to obtain or maintain erection:

Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Erectile dysfunction
Diabetes, type 2
Vesicoureteral reflux
When urine flows from the bladder, through the ureters, up to your kidneys it's called vesicoureteral reflux.
Congestive heart failure
People with congestive heart failure can have shortness of breath, fatigue, irregular heartbeat and more.
Diabetic ketoacidosis
Symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis include dry mouth, excessive thirst and urination, and more.
Hydronephrosis
Hydronephrosis is a condition of the kidneys and causes aching or pain, urinary symptoms, fever, and nausea.
Polycystic kidney disease
Polycystic kidney disease can cause abdominal pain, headaches, and pain in the sides and back.
Supraventricular tachycardia
Supraventricular tachycardia is fast heart rhythm starting in one of the upper chambers of the heart.
Excessive fluid intake
Symptoms of hyponatremia caused by too much fluid include headache, confusion, irritability, nausea, and more.
Interstitial cystitis
Interstitial cystitis is a condition that causes pain in the bladder or pelvic area, and frequent urination.
Bladder cancer
Bladder cancer is often asymptomatic but can cause bloody, painful, and frequent urination.
Bladder stones
Bladder stones are small stones that form in the bladder and cause painful and difficult urination and more.
Diabetes, type 1
Diabetes can make you feel hungry, tired, or thirsty; you may urinate more than normal and have blurry vision.
Hypopituitarism
Hypopituitarism is a rare disorder of the pituitary glands, which can cause many different symptoms.
Overactive bladder syndrome
An overactive bladder can cause you to feel a sudden, strong need to urinate.

Take care,

Kat

Closed Thread