It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
(male)

dude50 HB User
shaft sensitivity

i just recently noticed that when i touch the shaft of my penis, i cant really feel it.. i am worried if it is just in my head or if i damaged it from over masturbation.. i dont use lube .... i can feel hot or cold things and when pressure is applied i can feel...its just on the top part of the shaft...the sides and bottom i can feel..

Old 07-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
(male)

dude50 HB User
Re: shaft sensitivity

will feeling come back if i stop masturbating or what should i do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
(male)

dadinfl HB User
Re: too much masturbating problem

Define feel?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
(male)

dude50 HB User

like when you feel your elbow...like you cant exactly feel your finger touching your elbow. but you can definitely feel your elbow with your finger..thats how it kinda feels to me..

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

wachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB User

You should be able to feel your finger for example, regardless of where you touch the shaft. The skin on the shaft is very sensitive all over.
Since you can feel pressure, it might be the nerves in the surface skin which have been damaged or blocked in some way.

You can try to stop masturbating and see if it helps, but it might not make a difference if you have felt like this for a long time. However, if it is nerve damage, you might make it worse by continuing to stress the area.

Perhaps the way you grip your penis or push on it might be exerting pressure in a bad spot? The penis is full of nerve bundles and it's possible you could have damaged some of them somehow.

I think you should definitely see a doctor about this for a professional examination and opinion.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
(male)

dude50 HB User

i just noticed it recently... me and my girlfriend were also dry humping the night i noticed... i can feel hot and cold and some light touching if i put other objects on it to test to see if i can feel.... so if you touch the base of your shaft can you feel it distinctly?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

wachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB User

I can feel it as distinctly as I can feel the sides and bottom. It's not hyper sensitive, since it is the base of the shaft, but it's not completely devoid of feeling either. It's more sensitive when erect than flaccid.

You say base of shaft, btw. Does this mean the rest of the top of the shaft is sensitive?

Last edited by wachix; 07-24-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
(male)

dude50 HB User

well just mainly the whole top.. closer to the top is more sensitive... i read online about nerve damage..and one thing says it will repair after a while.... but if you touch your elbow then the shaft of your penis can you tell a difference?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

I can easily feel a difference. The skin on my elbow is hard and thick, while the skin on my penis is soft and thin. Try pinching a bit of the skin on your shaft between your nails. It should get painful even with a slight pinch, whereas you probably wouldn't feel nearly as much on your elbow.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
(male)

dadinfl HB User

I don't know what is normal per se but I just experimented and realized there is almost no sensation anywhere from base of penis to the start of the glans. I can tell its being touched but there is no sensation. Different story at the tip though.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
(male)

dude50 HB User

i can feel if i pinch it...like i can feel somethings ive used to test and see if i can feel it, like lite touches.. but when i use my finger i feel like i would be touching something else, i don't get the feeling in my penis that would let me know its being touched? like if you touch your elbow you dont feel anything with your elbow, but clearly feel your elbow with finger

Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #12
(male)

dude50 HB User

feel like when you touch your elbow, you don't feel anything touching your elbow with your elbow, but you can feel your elbow with your finger.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

If I use a piece of rolled up paper and "scratch" the skin, I can feel it slightly on my elbow and very clearly on the shaft. The shaft should not feel like the elbow, in my experience.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
(male)

dadinfl HB User

can i ask what age? i agree with the other posts...was going to add the obvious if you feel there is nerve damage from some traumatic event of course a visit to the doctor is the right call. even a family physician could make a quick check. as for your on-line advice...we could all probably Google the male genitalia and find that the tip of the penis has about a billion more nerve endings and/or receptors than the shaft. My test would be, and I'm not going to do it because i know the result...I can pinch my elbow pretty hard and not feel it. No way am i doing that to the little guy! as for reducing masturbation...probably depends on technique...repeated friction over time, sure, but i don't think that's quite how the skin works there, i think there is more of a gliding action. been awhile since i've done the dry humping thing but i definitely remember that NOT being good at all for the skin, especially the tip; but the shaft too can get brush burns! summary, if there were a reason for trauma, see a doc. "over 30ish" probably see a doc. just dry humping and worried? probably temporary.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
(male)

dude50 HB User

im 18... ive read that it will heal over time but there was no reason for a trauma i didn't get hit there or anything just noticed after a session... the sides and underneath of shaft are fine, and the tip too.... so would just laying off and letting it heal be best?

Closed Thread