It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
(male)

Papaw1939 HB User
Masturbation/Sex after Gallbladder Surgery

I recently had Gallbladder Surgery which included Umbilical Hernia Repair.

The surgeon said lifting less than five pounds for three months. And no sex. I didn't question him about it.

I am having sexual urges. I am accustomed to masturbating once or twice a day, even though I am 73 with erectile problems. I can have orgasms and my erections are undependable.

I have a vacuum erection device, but was afraid that the constriction ring might be difficult to remove. Got it four years ago. Several months ago, I figured out how to use it, finally.

I tried unsuccessfuly to use it a couple of times with intercourse.

For masturbation purposes, it takes effort to clean up. For intercourse, it is worth it.

My wife and I had resumed some sexual activity after several years, although I continued to masturbate regularly.

I was devastated (in 2012) when my 64 year old wife told me she hasn't had any libido since her hysterectomy in 1997 (with ovary removal, which she hadn't understood would happen!)

From reading, I understand women can enyoy sex without ovaries. She said she doesn't like to read about self help. She reads novels all the time.

Dr. Ruth has great encouragement for senior sexuality, which is not necessarily always penetrative.

My sex drive is as strong as it was when I was 16. It can be taken care of in various forms.

HELP OR, NOT HELP, FROM DOCTORS.

In 2001, I had a stroke. Fortunately it wasn't very severe. No mention was made about sex and I didn't bring it up.

I am a church organist and was afraid I couldn't play the organ hands and feet on pedals. Six weeks later, I tried it out and have been playing well ever since. Thank God.

One morning several months after the stroke, I successfully masturbated. And no anticipated stroke.

Some Sunday mornings, I would have intercourse with my wife. Wonderful! (after 1997).

I don't remember our sex life.

Kidney stone urethral surgery, sepsis sac broke, heart attack in 2008. No mention of sex by urologist (or heart doctor). Finally called urologist after stent removed and asked about masturbation. Said to go ahead with sexual activity. It was embarrassing to tell him I just masturbate.

I love my wife. She is the best thing in the world.
My gallbladder surgeon mentioned NO SEX. What does that mean? I am having a two week follow up this Thursday. I can’t wait until then to stimulate my penis.

If he mentions sex, I will be embarrassed to discuss it with him in front of her. I guess I will call him on the phone before then.

Or maybe he might help by talking with us together.
She had gallbladder surgery by another doctor in the same practice. We visit the doctors together so we can remember what he say.

God made sex and I am thankful everyday that it doesn’t have to end on old age.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Papaw1939; 07-17-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: TMI removed. Requests for how-tos are not allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread