It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
(male)

mcash114 HB User
25 Male no sex drive please help

Hello all. I am new to this forum and appreciate all advice I am given. This will be a lengthy post; I want every possible detail to be known so I can solve this problem and save my relationship.

First off I am a white, 25 year old male of healthy weight who regularly gets physical activity. I began smoking about 2 years ago however I have reduced my consumption from about a pack a day to 3 or so a day with hopes of kicking the habit in the near future. I drink on occasion though not in excess, a beer after work a few days a week. Last summer I was involved in the use of cocaine and heavy drinking for about 4 months though this is no longer an issue.

My issue is this - I cannot become sexually aroused once my feelings for someone have grown emotionally. I have an idea as to why this might be - Prior to my current relationship I was involved with a girl who from the very start was bad news. She was facing at least a year in jail for a felony assault charge and without question would serve at least the year. Things started out great (they always do) however with 10 months left before her final court date she began stripping to earn money. She didnt drive at the time so I found myself driving her there and acting like another patron at the club. The mental stress of watching the person I thought I loved expose herself to strangers while being unable to react was overwhelming. A few months into stripping I found out she was also performing on a webcam site and eventually found myself performing with her. Within a short time the only sex we would have would be on camera to earn money. The trial came, she was sentenced to a year in jail. I left to finish my degree and one Friday drove home to visit her in jail only to find myself taken off her visitation list. It devestated me. I became angry, started drinking heavily, using drugs, sleeping with random women and eventually lost my scholarship.

I moved back to my hometown a year later and was diagnosed with severe ADHD impuslivity type. The medicine worked great. I found myself acing classes at the local community college and felt happy. Too happy. The feeling I recived from the adhd medicine was too good to be true thus I quit taking it for fear of addiction. Since then I have been able to get my life together and find a good job and a nice place of my own. By all accounts I should be happy, but I'm not.

I no longer am able to attach myself sexually to anyone I have deep feelings for and I dont know why. Part of me knows its some trauma from my past relationship and part of me feels its the mental fog from not taking my medicine. I know I need to quit smoking completely and remove alcohol from my life along with increasing my excercise. I just dont want this problem to ruin my relationship with such a wonderful person.

I have been off my medication for nearly 3 months (Vyvanse 50mg 1X day) and am thinking of taking it again. I dont feel the addictioin would be an issue any longer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Really.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
adhd, libido in men, sex drive