It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2003, 03:35 PM   #1

Tankman10024 HB User
Thumbs up Wet Dreams?

Hey I know this has been asked before, but this is a little different, the other night I went to bed, I dont remember having any dreams or even being in the mood for sex either, and in the middle of the night I woke up with my shorts and sheets all wet, sticky from what appeared to be a "wet dream" this has not happend to me since i was a teenager, so it was kind of strange for me...and no I have not stopped from masturbating, I know alot of guys do that and get wet dreams this way, but this is not my case. Well any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tankman

Old 06-18-2003, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Same thing happened to me when I was 25. It was the only one I"ve ever had. I don't remember a dream either. Just one of those things we have no control over and can't quite explain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2003, 03:11 PM   #3
Inactive

focus HB User
Same thing happened to me too at 19. It was also my one and only wet dream. It came by surprise, totally unexpected, and I had last masturbated only 5 days earlier. Only difference is I remember my dream very well - it was one of those fun sexual ones. I actually woke up in the middle of ejaculating. It was a very weird sensation to wake up to.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing your out of your teen years. So your experience supports my theory about wet dreams - that they are more a function of how the mind works when dreaming, and are kind of more random events, just like dreams in general are random. Rather than the theory that wet dreams only happen to get rid of excess semen.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:21 PM   #4

Texanguy HB User
I agree that 'semen buildup' can't be the 'force' behind wet dreams. But there is nevertheless a statistical connection between masturbation rates and wet dream rates. ON AVERAGE, people with less frequent waking sexual outlets have ON AVERAGE more wet dreams.

Virtually everyone who averages 3, 4, or more wet dreams a week doesn't masturbate at all.

Almost everyone who masturbates many times a week has no more than a few random wet dreams over a lifetime, if any at all. A few people fall somewhere in the middle of masturbation and wet dream frequencies.

Look at it terms of percentages. On average, many people who don't masturbate have 5,000% to 10,000% more wet dreams than people who masturbate 10 times a week. On the other hand, frequent masturbators have up to 2,000% to 5,000% more total orgasms than people who have high wet dream rates and don't masturbate.

There are no doubt exceptions, but this is the case in general.

My theory is that the 'brain' tends to go with what it's used to, and it's hard to get it to change. It would be hard to make all Italians give up Italian food and eat only Chinese food. It would be equally hard to get all Chinese people to give up Chinese food and eat only Italian food. Both groups would get 'hungry' for some 'real' food like they used to eat.

Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
Inactive

focus HB User
Well, Texanguy, your theory has inspired me to give up masturbation again. I've got 3 weeks under my belt so far. No wet dream yet. I'm a bit discouraged that it may take 3-6 months before even getting a chance of a wet dream, but I am determined. I've read more about wet dreams recently on the net, and it does seem you are right. It does seem that if there is no ejaculation, at some point, wet dreams eventually do occur. It just takes quite a bit of time, more than I originally thought. I had given up masturbation for 2 months before and thought that would be enough, but apparently not.

I hope I can make it to 3+ months. Its very difficult, as you know.

Old 06-25-2003, 06:04 PM   #6

Texanguy HB User
Focus,

I'm trying too. I'm a slightly older guy, which I think might make it take even longer. I've gone for 3 months before, but I've always been inclined to frequently arouse myself short of orgasm fairly often when not masturbating. Besides eventually always coming when I didn’t want to, my recent 'web research' tells me that the real 'quitters' who go on to having wet dreams don't arouse themselves like that – which makes it even harder to quit. As you've probably seen in your own surfing, new arrivals to the world of ‘frequent wet dreamers' seemed to have really 'left it all behind' first.

There may be shortcuts, but I’ve come to think a person has to convince their 'brain' (subconscious, erotic neural connections, 'id', whatever) that it can have sex without masturbation, in dreams. Stubbornly resisting masturbation while awake probably at first translates to resisting forcing an orgasm while asleep as well. The 'brain' has to 'figure out how to have sex’ without violating the self imposed 'no masturbation' rule. Perhaps getting masturbation completely out of your system, and making your ‘brain’ forget about masturbation as an outlet is the only practical way to get it to start having wet dreams when it’s so used to not doing so.

This theory suggests that once a person started having regular wet dreams that they may be able to masturbate for a while and then get wet dreams back again pretty quickly – once the 'brain' already ‘knows how’ to have sex while asleep. The fact that some people can do just that, while others have to quit for months before getting a single wet dream, might be explained by this theory. The fact that people can and do succeed in going from no wet dreams to frequent wet dreams by quitting masturbation completely for long enough is also supported by this theory. Other theories, objections, or modifications to it are welcome.

Is it worth it to stop masturbating for months? It depends on the person. Personally, I want what many people say are more intense and enjoyable orgasms in wet dreams more than yet more jerk offs. My 'web research' offers no guarantees, but definitely points to the way many others have achieved it, intentionally or not. This knowledge makes it all the more unreasonable for me not to seriously try to do it myself.

If (and when!) I start having regular wet dreams, I'm quite sure that I'll never go back to masturbating. At heart, I’m one of those people you see posts from who say how much they love their wet dreams, and choose to never masturbate. A minority perhaps, but one that suits me just fine.

Old 06-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #7

Texanguy HB User
Focus and others,

It's been about 6 weeks for me so far. I've been trying to take the 'long' view, and trying to minimize my waking arousal, as others seem to have done on the road to frequent wet dreams. Better to see myself as having wet dreams than to think about masturbating.

Good luck to all who try.

[This message has been edited by Texanguy (edited 06-28-2003).]

Closed Thread