It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #1

Nevs HB User
Post Dryness under the forskin and on head

after i wash with water everyday my head drys out and i don't know why. which then causes little sore marks everytime i pull back my forskin due to the forskin grabbing onto the head of the penis skin. can anyone explain why this is happening and what i can do to fix it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2003, 05:13 AM   #2
(male)

jim1 HB User
If the foreskin and glans are drying out from washing--and you're not using any kind of harsh soap--it's probably the chemicals in the water drying you out, especially if you live in an area that needs a high amount of chlorine to purify the drinking water. Not much different, actually, than for guys who swim in chlorinated pools. All guys react differently to water like that (including some guys who are actually allergic to chlorine). After you shower, try applying either a small amount of aloe vera, or an unscented/fragrance free moisturizer. I swim a lot, and I've used Lubriderm Unscented for years--works fine, and not all that expensive for a bottle. Good luck, bud.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2003, 05:08 AM   #3

Damaeus HB User
I recommend Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Firming Lotion. It has Elasticin, Vitamin E, Ginseng, and Collagen in it. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about five bucks for an 8.5 ounce bottle. It's fragrance free, but you can still smell the ingredients .. it smells kind of, well, buttery, in a way. The stuff is great, and works so well that often my hands will only need an application once every other day in the cold, dry winters, and even after washing my hands, there's proof left behind that the moisture has definitely soaked in. So I highly recommend this Palmer's product over anything else I've tried. At first you'll think, "Gosh, this stuff is a real mess." But just give it five minutes or so and you won't believe how well it works.

Damaeus

Old 07-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #4

Boxer Guy HB User
I have had problems with dry foreskin before. My Dr. told me that when you wash the area everyday that you wash away the bodies natural oils. He told me to wash the area every other day and to apply hydrocortisone cream to the area and to leave my boxers off at night so air could get to the area.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:26 PM   #5

relient still HB User
Yeah i would deifnately agree with Boxer Guy, washing the area under the foreskin everyday can cause over-drying. I have experienced this as well, and i know what an uncomfortable feeling it can be. I would recomend washing the head of your penis on a less frequent schedule. This has worked fine for me, as i have lessened drying out while still retaining what i would consider a very high level of cleanliness.

Closed Thread