It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #1

ChrissyB15 HB User
Question Asking a ? for him.....

I am so glad that I found this message board. I am worried about my DH's cousin. Strange as that may sound we are very close...like the brother that I've never had. Anyway, he's been having alot of problems with one of his testicles swelling. His girlfriend told me it's like the size of a tennis ball. He's in pain ( of course) but refuses to go to see a Dr. He's been to the Dr. a few times and the Dr. has given him Cipro and also a sonogram. To date I think he's had Cipro for this at least 2 maybe 3 times.

We are worried that it might be cancer. He works construction ....running a jackhammer...how comfortable can that be.... He doesn't have health insurance and is worried about a hospital bill.

His girlfriend has told me that he has no interest in sex, wants to sleep all of the time, he has pain in his gut and along his back where his kidneys are. She said that when they do have sex that he rarely wants to climax because he said that it hurts to much.

Can someone help me out and tell me what they think might be wrong with him. I'm going to go to his place on Friday and do my best to get him to the emergency room. I've very worried about him.

Thanks, Chrissy

Old 07-10-2003, 02:50 AM   #2

ChrissyB15 HB User
Unhappy

Thanks for all the help. I can not believe that 111 people have read this post but not one of them will give me a reply. What gives? Did I post in the wrong place, is it because I'm new?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 05:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hi, I wish I knew the answer her. This could be several things, a hernia, a cyst, possibly the cords being twisted causing the swelling. The pain would be associated with any of that. This guy needs to get to the doc and soon. This could be very bad and needs medical attention, he could end up losing the testicle or needing surgery. Sure, it may cost money but an emergency room MUST treat him and then he can pay as he can. My hunch is that he is scared to death about what this is (us guys are pretty upset when our equipment is affected!) Hopefully it isn't cancer. But the work that he does is only going to keep aggravating this condition. Please get him to the doc. If he's unwilling, send him here and we'll see if we can help convince him. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Usually if a lot of people read a post and don't respond, it means they have no suggestions. Cipro is a good antibiotic for this condition, which is probably epididymitis. You can get it mulitple times, and a trip back to the doctor is probably in order. Failing to get treated can lead to long term pain. Chlamydia can cause this - as well as many non-sexually transmitted bacteria - so he might want to get tested just to be sure (he and his gf might possibly be passing an infection back and forth). If he has a discharge, the fluid should be cultured.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User
A lot of people read this and didn't answer because we're not doctors. He needs to see a doctor, plain and simple. Hopefully it's nothing.

Closed Thread