It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2003, 11:34 PM   #1

helplessgirl HB User
Post I NEED HELP...QUICKLY

I just read about this mother and she found diapers that belonged to her 19 year old son.
I have something similiar to that only different if that makes any sense.
My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost a year. I couldn't ask for anyone more perfect then he is for me except for one problem. He has a diaper fetish. He has told me and even got me to do it a few times. I absolutely HATE them with a passion and REFUSE to wear them.
we've gotten into many fights because of it. I didn't have any problems seeing him in one. I was o.k. when he talked about them even. Now, it's different. He told me one day that he was going to stop wearing them FOREVER!! I was so happy. He brought up what it would be like to live with a guy who likes diapers and be married to a guy that likes diapers and how creepy that all would be. I started thinking like that. about how creepy it would be. Then he told me that he could never give them up, that it was a part of him. Now I cringe and want to leave the room just seeing him in one. Just thinking about them makes me want to throw up. Lately I have been breaking down and crying and getting really depressed thinking about seeing him in one. I would never force him to quit. I understand that it is a part of him but I dont know what to do. This is really tearing me up inside. I really could use all the advice that I can get. thanks!

Old 07-14-2003, 01:59 AM   #2

ember HB User
If you're that uncomfortable with it,then you need to break things off with him. Chances are his fetish is not going to go away. And you're not going to ever like it or want to be part of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #3

Mr.Devine HB User
Lightbulb

Hello, Newbie. It seems like you really like the guy and are pretty much only disturbed by this one thing. He may be insulted, but YOU KNOW it is very unusual, this diaper thing--so he should seek a psychiatrist. I have studied fetishes, and they are listed as DISORDERS, not preferences. Something early in his life provoked this. If he can retrace that with professional help, he can find the root of it and knock it off. HE MAY NOT WANT TO, though. But it's worth a try. Me? I would not have it. No matter how gorgeous or sweet, I would recoil. Good luck to you, and don't forget there's all kinds of nice and cute guys who don't have ANY fetishes. You might want to seek them out. Do ask if anyone in his past knew about this and what they thought. That oughtta be interesting.....

[This message has been edited by Mr.Devine (edited 07-14-2003).]

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 AM   #4
(male)

jamie17 HB User
Thumbs down

Hey Helplessgirl ---

You're not going to like this, but:

You need to break it off with your boyfriend. I understand that you like him alot and that you've invested some time in this relationship, but there are times when two people can compromise and times when they just can't. Everyone has their own sexual "thing" --- desires, fetishes, whatever. Sometimes what our partner wants doesn't really do it for us, but it also doesn't gross us out, so we can indulge them every now and then and things can be worked out. Other times, it is just impossible for us to go there.
The thing is, somewhere out there, there's some woman who is really turned on by your bf's particular fetish. And your bf and that woman really need to hook up; they'll both be happier for it. At the same time, somewhere out there, there's someone who feels the same way you do about diapers --- or, more importantly, who is really turned on by the exact same things you are turned on by, and the two of you need to get together and be happy. It is scary to say goodbye when you love someone and you've made a life together, but you guys have a wall between you that can't really be climbed over. Don't waste any more time together as a couple --- stay friends if you want or if you can, but you both go out there and find the people who are really more to each other's tastes.

Good luck!

Old 07-14-2003, 08:10 AM   #5

Rixtar HB User
A fetish of any type is rooted deep in the psyche and is difficult to overcome even when the individual with the fetish desires to overcome it.

It is time for you to go on to another exeperience. You need to add this person to your past.

This is not a judgement it is just an opinion different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #6
(male)

JDinCA HB User
Yes it's a strange fetish he has http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bigcry.gif . But it's just diapers and I'm going to assume they remain unsoiled and are more for effect and not for what they were made for. This said, I say relax, so what, think about all the other guys that haven't compared to your boyfriend in every other way. If he treats you well and loves you as much as you love him, than come to an agreement within yourself that this is not really so bad a thing. Many times men with strange fetishes are so thankful and appreciative over finding some one that doesn't make them feel like a freak about the fetish, that they are actually incredible in a relationship and very loving towards their significant other. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif Try and adapt an "it's no big deal attitude" in other words, just change your mind set http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif about the fetish. I just don't think you should give up a man that has been great to you, better than any other man has before him, or been more committed to you and your relationship together over a harmless diaper fetish. Heck, if you end up getting married to him and have children, once he is hit with the reality of what purpose diapers actually serve and has had to change many for himself, they probably won't be so appealing to him anymore. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif But all kidding aside, don't lose and ruin what is in every other way "perfect" over some dumb diaper fetish. But that's just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by JDinCA (edited 07-14-2003).]

Old 07-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #7

nutcracker HB User
Now listen here ,I was about to log off but just had to reply to this.If he only wears them in private then I dont see a problem.It sounds like you have met a perfect match otherwise,but remember that no-one is perfect.If you really feel that this is the man for you then follow your heart and try to accept this fetish that he has.Who knows,maybe in a few months time you will know the answer,but dont rush into anything.Also,are you perhaps not more afraid of what other people might think if they found out,rather than how you personally feel?Nobody has to know if you keep it between you two.Lots of people have fetishes of some sort so just be grateful that his is a harmless one.

Closed Thread