It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 07:46 AM   #1

cowboyzgrl HB User
Question Seamen Odor

This is an issue for me- And I know this may sound strange. I love my husband, but sometimes, not always, but most,after we have sex I seem to smell. It's like a cross between a fishy smell, and chlorine.Yes, chlorine. I have never had this problem with any other guy. Also, it takes like two days before the smell goes away, and I shower twice daily, AAhh. Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 04:12 PM   #2

Tankman10024 HB User
Well I'm not sure about a man's seman smelling like fish, but I do know that depending on the foods that you eat, it does effect the smell of your seman. Just think about it, your body puts out what you put in it, just like alot of other things that happend to our bodies happends cause of the foods that we eat and other things that we put in our bodies. But I do know that our seman sometimes does smell like chlorine, mines does sometimes also.

Be Well
Tankman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #3

cowboyzgrl HB User
Thank you tank. I think he does need to change the foods he inhales..lol

Old 07-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
(male)

JDinCA HB User
Here's an http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif
I read somewhere that eating fresh pineapple (not canned) 2 to 3 hours before sex will neutralize a mans semen and make it smell and taste sweet. If you like pineapple it's worth a shot http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif LOL

Old 07-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #5

Tankman10024 HB User
Hey cowboygirl,
Just want to help ya out, but you should talk to him about it, does he know how you feel about this?

Tankman

Old 07-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
I've read that a man's diet can have a strong influence on the taste of his semen. As I recall, drinking alcohol tends to make the semen bitter. I think I read that if a man eats cinammon (I have no idea how much) it makes his semen taste of the cinammon.

I guess you'd have to experiment with his diet to know. As for the chlorine (or bleach) taste I believe that is normal with it varying from person to person as to how pronounced that taste is.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #7

cowboyzgrl HB User
Thank you everyone for your info. It has been very insightful. And interesting.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:38 PM   #8

cityboi99 HB User
Hey there! My grandma ( i know thats strange) but she always told me that men dont like the smell of bleach cause it smells like their sperm! i agree it does have a chlorine smell! Eating certain things I have always heard only makes it taste differnt. My friends girlfriend says when he eats hot pepper his sperm actually taste like it! Good Luck and remember you love him right? Could be worse?

Closed Thread