HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Men (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/)
-   -   red penis tip - irritated (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/91231-red-penis-tip-irritated.html)

zappadoo 03-14-2003 06:43 PM

red penis tip - irritated

Wondering if anyone has had anything like this. I have had a red irritation on both sides of my penis at the tip. It seems to get worse at times - but never goes away and it is always noticeable. I don't have any discharge or pain on urination. I have been to a couple of Urologists and a dermatologist, I have been taken Cipro, Azythromyacin, applied Chlotrimazole, and a cream anti-bacterial (Bacitracin). Nothing seems to help and this has been going on for 8 - 10 months. It is driving me crazy - anybody had anything like this- and what was the solution?

wrin 03-14-2003 08:11 PM

so it's not bacterial and it's not fungal, that's what we've figured out.

Could it be eczema? Does hydrocortisone cream calm it down?

What about other soothing agents for irritation -- calamine lotion, that kind of thing. Is the skin dry, and cracked? Do you masturbate sixtythousandtimes a day? Have you switched underwear types/brands/components? Have you started running sport? Have you changed lotions, soaps, that kind of thing?

zappadoo 04-18-2003 05:18 PM

No - No changes. Could this be a yeast infection? I had one from a girlfriend about ten years ago and it was terrible. I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics, shots in the ***, everything. That was before I knew she had a yeast infection. I went back to the doctor a few days later because I was still had the same symptoms - I asked him to give me the same thing that her doctor had prescribed(don't remember what it was) it cleared up almost immediately.

Anybody had a similiar experience with yeast infection - or am I grasping at straws?

abe31 04-20-2003 08:21 PM

Help, I have the same problem. I noticed two red bumps on my shaft about 2/18/03. Then one of the bumps ulcerated. Then the ulcerated bump disappeared. Since then I get very dry red skin on the left side of the shaft and on the bottom right under the head of the penis anytime I irritate it through sex. I just had long sex lastnight and the shaft is very dry, itchy and sore. I am afraid the skin will fall off. Please let me know what it is, if you know. I was tested for HIV, herpes, syphilis and Clamidia, all were negative. I am really afraid. I have always been healthy up to now and this is freaking me out.

Nevs 04-20-2003 10:37 PM

I kind of have the same problem. the rim at the base of my head is red on the sides and i have one somewhat raise little tiny red dot on my head. what could this be?

devastated 04-21-2003 10:48 AM

Abe, if you had a bump that ulcerated, I would definately get checked for HSV (herpes).

ACTrojan 05-18-2003 03:04 AM

Zappadoo,

Have you considered that you may have scabies? Scabies are mites that burrow into the skin and cause intense itching. This itching can occur all over the body, but especially concentrated in places of heat, such as the groin. Scratching your delicate penis (perhaps in your sleep) could cause redness to the head.

cvcc97 07-16-2003 10:19 PM

Something along the lines of the original post. For a couple of months now I have noticed that the skin on the shaft of my penis (i am cut) just under my glans is deep pink, almost red. This is more so in the areas which are more tightened (stretched and thinner). Its also pretty moist from, I believe, sweat. Sometimes there is mild irritation here and there around the glans area and occasionally stinging at the meatus. This stinging seems to have nothing to do with urination or ejaculation. The stinging would start up on various times of the day, sometimes before the URGE to urinate. Can repeated masterbation (4-5 a week), hence soiled sheets, have anything to do with all this?

[This message has been edited by cvcc97 (edited 07-17-2003).]