It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Angry Premature Ejaculation

For as long as I can remember, I have suffered from premature ejaculation (back in my early teens). I have always hoped that it would fix itself as I got older. However, I'm 19 now (supposably in my sexual peak) and can not last longer than 2 or 3 minutes. Does anyone have any advice? Please don't respond by telling me to do the "stop & rest" method because I stop for a minute, then go again, I can only last like another 30 seconds. I have this problem really bad and want to get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
Are you using a condom when you have intercourse? If not, wearing one tends to diminish sensation a little and that might help. There are also condoms made which are lubricated with a substance that numbs the penis somewhat which should allow you to last longer. (I believe it's made by Trojan). There are also some gels which you can apply to your penis that desensitize it. (You can usually find them on display next to the condoms)

Another possibility is to have your girlfriend masturbate you to orgasm as part of your foreplay. At your age you will likely be able to have another erection in a short while. Since you will have already ejaculated as a result of the masturbation you will not have the urge to ejaculate as quickly the second time.

Hope these suggestions help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 11:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
I heard the desensitizing condoms can also accidently desensitize the woman. Is this true?

[This message has been edited by Andrew29 (edited 07-14-2003).]

Old 07-14-2003, 08:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
While I believe that the desensizing gel is on the inside of the condom I'm sure some of it comes in contact with the outside in the package. If you don't wipe it off before penetration it would desensitize your partner as well. Of course, you would then want to apply a different water based lubricant to the outside of the condom before you have intercourse to insure your parter's comfort.

As for a desenstizing gel you apply directly to your penis for use without a condom I assume it would desensitize your partner too. Probably the thing to do would be to apply it to your penis...let it take effect and then wipe off any excess before you begin having intercourse.

Old 07-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
My advice would be to go to the pharmacy and get a tube of Mandelay. Apply it according to directions and then wear a normal condom.

Masturbating before your date also helps.

And remember, even if you ejaculate, you don't have to stop making love. Keep pleasing her orally and manually until you are ready for a second round. You can score points if you tell her she is so exciting you simply can't last, but once you get off you will take care of her. If you do take care of her, she won't mind if your first orgasm is a bit early.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
Inactive

tmotsoane HB User
i've had the same problem too, i was doing too much of four-play by the time i stick it in, i'm about to ejaculate and i did within 5 minutes! i think it has a lot to do with the mind! if you are doing 4-play, try sex without it and see what happens. if this doesn't work, try either getting a blowjob first or masturbate first, you'll see, these ones really work!! please let me know if they did!

Old 07-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #7

Annie45 HB User
Smile

Hi,

As a woman, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and for being so considerate to your partner for what you feel is a sexual health problem that you would like to resolve--and not just for yourself, but for her

I can tell you from my personal experience, she will really appreciate and love you more for addressing it and not downplaying it. I was married for almost 20 years to a man who had the same situation, and he would ejaculate either upon entry or within less than 30 seconds. I tried very gently in the beginning to discuss and see what we could do together to overcome this, and I was met with this answer "You're just so sexy and I get so turned on, that I can't help it, and I think you should take that as a compliment!"

Well, needless to say, our sex life dwindled to the point of only maybe once a month, and then about once every two years...so when I was 40 (and he was 46) and although we had been together since our 20's...the situation never got better, (and I'm sure the infrequency towards the end added to his premature ejaculation situation), but I divorced him.

I had bought books on the subject and lovingly suggested we read them (even though I'd read them already) together, but he said it wasn't his problem! That I created the situation, but he never would tell me why he thought that. Curiously, though, a month before the court ordered him to move out, he read everything he could on the subject, actually approached me for sex, but I was honest when I told him it was "too little, too late, and I had no sexual desire for him anymore." He's been celibate for the last 7 years. He told me a couple years ago that he is ok with it as he still has a good time by himself. I don't know, but I think he's missing out on something really good in this life!

So for what it's worth, I just wanted to compliment you on your healthy approach to a sexual issue that can be resolved.

Best wishes, Annie..

Closed Thread