It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2003, 01:53 PM   #1

HockeyGuy HB User
Post Red Bump on Penis

Hey Board,

I have been having sex for the past year, I have had two different partners, one who was a virgin and the other who was fairly experienced for 17 (8 different, all highschool aged). Yesterday I discovered a red bump on my shaft a little larger than a typical pimple. It is red but does not hurt at all and is a single occurance (this is a first and only one bump is visible). Any ideas on what it could be, and what are the chances its herpes? The more experienced girl I had sex with says she has not STDS and has no signs of anything visible (I know this is not accurate). I have always used a condom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2003, 03:30 PM   #2

Mystery_00 HB User
genital warts can be contracted even when using a condom. if you are worried about it, and if you notice more, you need to go get them checked. (i worked for the state health dept, and we seen too many cases of genital warts in young teens.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #3

HockeyGuy HB User
I just got it this morning. How long should I expect it to go away if its nothing 5-12 days or so?

Old 07-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
I'd bet this is the beginning of a pimple or impacted pubic hair. Totally common and if that is what it is it will look just like a pimple, with a "head" etc. It'll hurt like heck there. Always best to leave them alone and let nature do her thing...however I"ve never been able to do that. If you pop it, just keep it clean and use a bit of neosporin on it to help prevent infections.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:01 PM   #5

Jason Barnes HB User
This might be syphilis, unfortunately. The disease is usually characterized by a single, painless pimple. Because very serious health consequences can result from untreated syphilis, you should go to a health clinic for a checkup. It will be cheap ($10 or so). Check your county's health department website for location and other information.

Closed Thread