It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #1

joshsmith_99 HB User
Unhappy someone help me please!

hi..
i have a problem, ever since i can remember, my right testicle hasbeen missing (im17 by the way)... it in not completly gone, as i can feel what seems like an normal size epydidymis(although it could be something else, but there is also like,,a small marble-pea size mini testicle,if thats what you wanna call it. there. i dont appear tobe lacking in hormones since i am an extreamly hairy guy and need to shave almost twice a day... i was just wondering if this is anything to be extreamly allarmed about, which i dont think its cancerous or anything, since i have had it(or havent had it, in other words) for as long as i can remember....
please help me!!

Old 07-28-2003, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, well as you know, you should have two descended testicles in your scrotum. Certainly if you only have one visible, then this is a problem. I'm also concerned that this hasn't been dealt with prior to now...no doc ever mentioned this? How about your parents, do they know? An undescended testicle can present problems, not only for you emotionally (being different than others) but if that remaining testicle is up there somewhere, then it can often become cancerous or create some other problems for you. I'd say you should get to a doc and find out what is going on here. By the way, one testicle and do the job so don't worry about becoming a parent or other "male" issues. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2003, 08:10 AM   #3

joshsmith_99 HB User
actually,the doctor has never said anything, i was thinking, maybe they were both fine before, but it got injured or something at a young age and didnt grow any more...
hmm
i plan to go t the doctor soon anyway when i get enough courage.. hehe

Old 07-28-2003, 08:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, get that courage and go get this checked. No need to worry about courage, he's seen it all before and you need to know what's going on with the equipment. Its the only set you'll have, gotta take care of it. And besides, it may be nothing at all and no reason to worry...but you won't know until you've had things checked out. Let us know what you find out!

Old 07-28-2003, 09:17 AM   #5

joshsmith_99 HB User
Wink

alright, i can do that,,i guess..
btw,,, what can detect cancer besides ultra sound... blood test??

Old 07-28-2003, 09:19 AM   #6

joshsmith_99 HB User
and its not the doctor thatim nervous about going to, its just telling my parents... it may sound silly,but i keep everything from them, even if i have a girlfriend, they wont know about it till i get married.. otherwise they tease ALOT,, i not kidding eighter...
but i probably will get it checked out...

Old 07-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #7

joshsmith_99 HB User
hehe, 3 msgs in a row..

and i dont think its undecended eighter,, it just looks like it stopped growing.. because like i said in the first post,,, there is actually something there where the right was was saposedto by, like a small version of the big one....

Old 07-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, sorry I missed that about there being something there, just smaller than the other. How much smaller is this one? One of our testicles hangs a bit lower than the other and it isn't uncommon for one to be smaller than the other as well. I totally understand your not wanting to discuss this with your folks. Yep, there are blood tests that would detect cancer as well, however I suspect that a doc looking at this and "checking it out" would give him/her some idea as to what is going on. One other question, since you don't talk with your folks...who is it that you do talk things over with, an older brother? cousin? uncle? or grandparent? If you do have another male that you trust, it may be that you could discuss this with them as well. Just a thought, hope this helps!

Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #9

joshsmith_99 HB User
well, my left one is regular size, but my other one is pretty small, i know its common for one to be smaller then the other,, but this one is has a hard(consistance of the other one, i guess) part, which is pretty small, the size of a key on the keyboard probably and it theres some stuff around it, that feels like fat tissue or something...
maybe i need hormonal injections... that may help...
and i only have 2 older sisters, and most of my other family lives out of town, so i dont tell my problems to anyone.... ,,,
btw, i told mom i was just feeling sick and told her to make an appointment for the family doctor, but hes out of town for a few months. when he gets back i sapose....

Old 07-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, thanks for trusting enough to keep answering questions. I'm glad you're not "really" sick with your doc out of town for 2 months! Since this has been this way for a while I don't know if you've really got to hurry and get it checked. I'm not a doc so I really have no idea what is going on here. However, I don't think that hormone injections would be required. Maybe other readers have some help here, I'm not quite sure what this could be. Some of it sounds totally normal, and the rest doesn't. Is there any pain associated? Any problems with ejaculation at all, particularly the amount or consistency, any blood in it? Sorry about the personal questions, just looking for any other symptoms that may be able to help us figure things out.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #11

joshsmith_99 HB User
Cool

hehe i dont mind the questions,,
nope. no problems,
i dont even notice it at all, the only reason im worried is because i was looking through some books my grandfather had it had stuff in it about testicular cancer, so thats when i was worried..
but there is no pain, no blood, and the ammount and consistency seems normal from what ive read...

Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, I'm going out on a limb here. Have you ever had a physical where the doc did an exam of your penis, scrotum, did the hole "check for hernia" cough and turn your head thing? How old were you when this was done? If so and there was a problem or some concern...I suspect he would have said it then and been ordering other tests etc to make sure things were OK. In terms of testicular cancer, if you've done some reading, you obviously know how to do that check etc. I'm not sure though with your testicle as you describe, how you would be able to tell if there was a hard lump etc. I'd be curious to know about the other questions (exam etc) Lets keep working through this!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #13

joshsmith_99 HB User
actually, i never had an exam of the sort in my life,,, i am basically a verry healthy guy and have only been to the doctor once after i was born for a cold or something...

Old 07-28-2003, 12:38 PM   #14

joshsmith_99 HB User
and i dont care about the questions bud, ask all you want, as long as its getting closer to knowing the truth... besides,, its not like im sending pictures..

Old 07-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #15

joshsmith_99 HB User
i mean.... josh_smith (username) isnt even my real name..

Closed Thread