It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
Inactive

Mr.Dick HB User
Post Alcohol and Erection loss

Is it true that if you drink to much alcohol, your penis loses erection quicker, does giving up on alcohol makes your penis go back to its normal erection?.

I ask this because I drink much alcohol quite often and I am starting to lose erection quicker, however I didn't know if this was because I am growing up (I am 20), or whatever other reason.
I mean if it were true, and I quit alcohol, will I have a more stable erection?

Old 07-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #2

pacu HB User
Well first of all, if you're only 20 yrs old, and you're loosing your erection and you drink alot, then that may be the cause, I remember when I was in my 20's I could keep my erection for a long time, but I didnt drink either, so maybe you should consider not drinking so much, besides you're young to be drinking so much also.

Good Luck
pacu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 02:12 AM   #3

MKLowTone HB User
I think what happens it that alcohol desensitises you generally...

I find that, while not drinking, I cannot last very long at all but if I've been out for the night I can maintain an erection for a very long time indeed

Many people, however, report "brewers droop" so in your case it may well be the alcohol that is causing you to lose your erection

Of course there's always the possibility that it's stress or some other mental issue that's causing it (Though only you know if that's the case)

Old 08-01-2003, 04:45 AM   #4

happy go lucky HB User
In addition, alchol can effect judgement and I do not think a compormised judgement and protecting yourself from std's and most important being a great lover mix. Being a great lover means making sure she is satisfied. But if u r drinking enuf to effect your lenght of erection, perhaps u r not satisfying her as much as u should!

Old 08-01-2003, 04:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, alcohol will effect your erections and ability to sexually perform. At 20 you shouldn't be worrying about having erection problems. Try to cut back on your alcohol use and see what happens.

Old 08-01-2003, 06:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
Yes, I believe it definately can cause an erection loss.....

I have to work extra hard to keep my guy up when he consumes alcohol. (Not that I mind, really, just makes things more fun)

It also takes a lot longer to climax..... I couldnt even finish one night because I was so sore and cramping ( from a c-section ) I felt HORRIBLE!

But yah, try n be careful about how much you drink because it can have an effect.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #7
Inactive

Mr.Dick HB User
No, but I meant in the long run, not while being drunk.
Well I think my erection loss was only my imagination since yesterday I had an impossibility to lose my erection and my gf had 8 orgasms, 3 of them g-spot.

Well anyways, the question is drinking alcohol in the long run affects the penile function.
Other weird thing is that I get easier erections while drunk.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dick:
Other weird thing is that I get easier erections while drunk.
That's not weird, that's normal. Alcohol usually increases the desire but reduces the ability...(to paraphrase Shakespeare)

Old 08-03-2003, 08:56 AM   #9

Dai HB User
This is off topic now, but do you smoke? Smoking is the biggest enemy of the erection.

From what I've heard, yes it is possible that alcohol may have this effect. I think you should cut down on alcohol, not only to maintain your erection but to protect your general health as well.

Old 08-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #10
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
My partner has never had problems obtaining an erection due to alcohol. However, the alcohol in his system refuses to allow him to ejaculate. We could just keep having sex, and he'd never shoot until he sobered up or it wore off. It just wasn't possible.

Closed Thread