It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #1

WhisperInDahWind HB User
Post I'm 16 years old and I'm experiencing a roller coaster of testicular problems...

Note: I am not sexually active, I do not do any illegal/happy drugs... I am just confused.
Sometime in the month of January I found what I thought was a lump on my left testicle. It gave me pain and it would itch a whole lot. During the day, I would find a lot of fluid coming out from underneath my testicles, causing it to itch even more.

I told my closest friend (she's incredible; i consider her even more than like a sister) and we both seemed to think nothing of it, but she eventually pressured me into telling my parents. I told my parents and we made an appointment with my pediatrician. She told me that it was probably only a bruise I sustained at judo, and that it should be gone in a couple of days.

A month later, I noticed that the lump never left, and I was feeling a lot of pain. Also, my testicles would sometime turn a shade of black and a very dark red. Not only that, but urination started to burn and sting a little.

Anyway, during this time, the school play just came to an end. I spoke to one of my fellow cast members (who is just like an older brother), and I finally called my pediatrician up one more time. I made another appointment and she referred me to a urologist. The urologist said I had epididimytus (sorry for spelling it wrong if i did) and gave me cipro. The cipro made the swelling go down some, but I was still experiencing pain.

At my next visit, I went through an ultrasound which reported nothing. He's taken urine tests, and they too have reported nothing. Then, at the next visit he told me I had a varicose vein. I had surgery on it, and afterwards my left testicle was swollen (which was normal for just having surgery). Anyway, I had my surgery on July 2 and it is still swollen; I'm still feeling pain. Two Sundays ago, I woke up feeling the need to urinate. However, I couldn't go. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't urinate. It started burning and stinging and I wasn't even going to the bathroom! Hours later I tried urinating again, but all that happened was I went through the same routine. Then, once I finally started, the burning and stinging subsided.

Ever since then, urination has been easier but I still feel a stinging and burning sensation.

I've called my urologist several times and never received a response, but I saw him again at another appointment. He told me I am having a relapse of epididymitus, but only in both testicles this time, and I have a urinary tract infection.

Well as of now, tonight, my testicles are very dark red and black colored. I'm experiencing pain every now and then, and it hurts worst right where my scrotum (if that's what it is called...) begins. Also, my left testicle feels very hard. Anyone have any ideas? For some reason I feel like I'm being lied to...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 08:24 AM   #2

Rixtar HB User
When guys have problems with our sexual equipment we get frightened. I was well into my 30's when on Christmas Eve I had blood in my semen. So, I know that you are concerned and really only want this to clear up.

My advice is quite simple. Make noise, call the doctor complain to your parents, see another doctor and if that doctor doesn't help see another one. This is your life, not your parents, not your doctor's. Be very forceful. If it turns out that your doctor is correct and the course of treatment is accurate then you will know the truth and you have lost nothing. If it turns out that there may be some other health issue then you have acted on your own behalf, taken a proactive role in managing your health.

Very soon you will be an adult and resonsible for your life. This is a good point to stand up for yourself.

I know things will work out for you but, please keep it touch here so I will know that you are doing okay.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:32 PM   #3

Naldoon HB User
I had a friend with that years back in junior high. What the main problem was that his vien inside leading to his testical was twisted, and cut off cerculation. And his testical was removed. It was very painful because his testical was dying! That could be it. Another thing refering to testical...you said red? Do you mean Scrotum? Cause your testicals are inside your scrotum and can't really be seen. So that I'm confused on. And with bumb, you mean on yoru testicals or on your scrotum?

Old 08-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #4

WhisperInDahWind HB User
Sorry for not being clear. My scrotum is very red and it is a shade of black. It usually will be for about 3 days, then the color will disappear for one day, and then the red and black will come back again. As for the bump, I think I felt one on the very top of the left testicle, located towards the inside.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:02 PM   #5

WhisperInDahWind HB User
But like I said before I had surgery for a varicose vein, I was told I had epididimytus. My urologist said I have it now in both testicles. My testicles feel very veiny/lumpy like now, and my left one (where I had surgery for the varicosile) is very hard. Also, when I touch it, it hurts.

Closed Thread