It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 AM   #1

ThanksInAdvance HB User
Question Vasectomy reversing itself???

My husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago (before we were married) and currently we are on a waiting list for a reversal (military).

Last week my husband complained of severe testicular cramping which lasted approx 5-7 days. A few days after the pain subsided, we had intercourse and he was shocked to find the orgasm very similar to pre-vasectomy days (greater sensation, no cramping... as he described it "the orgasm came from within my soul like it did when I was younger"). He has had this exact same sensation for 3 days straight during orgasm. Each time he says it makes him almost dizzy and that it is such a difference that it almost scares him. He says he knows his body and he feels like the vas deferens has reattached because it feels like the semen is actually going somewhere and not being trapped like before (and suffering from terrible cramps).

What are the chances that a vasectomy would grow back naturally after 7 years (and a few infection complications) and if so, would there be such a significant difference in orgasm to alert to the change? If not, is this something we should be concerned about? The next avail Dr. Appt is in 2 months and I dont want to stress that long!

thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
(male)

UH-60 HB User
There's no telling without a lab test if the vas has re-attached. It does happen in rare cases. I had a lot of pain also a few years into my vasectomy. I finally had it re-done to an open-ended procedure. This relieved all of the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
It would be pretty rare, but not totally impossible. You might want to get a sperm test done to see.

Closed Thread