It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #1

sewfish11 HB User
Post Red Scrotum ... what is it?

For at least the last 3 months (I think it's been longer than that, but didn't notice for some reason), my scrotum has been a shade of red on both sides, with a stripe down the middle that stays perfectly flesh colored. Occasionally it will be normal all over, but most of the time it's red, sometimes it's darker than other times. Sometimes it seems to get redder as it is exposed to air. Occasionally it will be a darker around the backside of the testicle.

Some quick history. An exgirlfriend was diagnosed with chlamydia and herpes after she slept with someone else shortly after we broke up. However, I had been with someone else shortly BEFORE we broke up. I was tested for everything including herpes and came back negative on all of that. I still freaked myself out and assumed I had chlamydia and the nurse didn't test right (she did mention that I didn't have hardly any bacteria to test), so I've "prescribed" myself a regime of doxycycline to clear up what I thought were symptons. (burning, itching inside the urethra, frequent peeing, etc). I realize that wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I have no insurance and didn't want to get another q-tip shoved in just to be sure.

So, I still have doubts in my mind that I'm "clean" and this scrotum thing is really wearing me out. I've seen another post on a different forum about this same problem, but no responses. Any ideas? I've had no pain in either testicle and no reason to seek immediate attention.

Thanks in advance ....

-sf

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #2

sewfish11 HB User
Well, since no one seems to know what this might be, what kind of doctor should I call to set up an appointment. I have no insurance, so I would prefer to only see one place. (i.e. I don't want to be reffered to a dermatologist or vica versa).

The public health place is out in my book.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:45 PM   #3
(male)

edgework HB User
Several months ago I developed an odd, triangular shaped read mark on the head of my penis, fairly large and quite obvious. I also developed irritation during sex. By the time I got around to seriously examining the situation, it was not a pretty sight. I freaked out, because I haven't been screwing around, and I've been reasonably certain my wife is pure as the driven snow, but there before my eyes was what appeared to be some kind of STD, complete with open sores and the aforementioned red arrow, now a deep flaming red, and quite sore.

I had the same question as you: who to see? I don't, as a rule, go to doctors, and haven't required their services in years, so I was in the dark on this one. I finally got around to telling my wife that we weren't going to be doing the deed for a while, and here's why... She didn't blink. Just told me to make an appointment with our daughter's dermatologist. And it was the right thing, too. I swear I'd never heard of contracting psoriasis on your penis, but there ir was, and, furthermore, he wasn't too surprised. It happens, he said, and no, there wasn't anything in particular that I might have done to get it. Like meteors and old girl friends, it just shows up, unexpectedly.

He prescribed an ointment that seemed to do the trick, but, during a subsequent recurrance, I followed the advice of an alternative health encyclopedia and used an over the counter preparation that included coal tar, believe it or not, and it worked great. I'd tell you what I used, but I don't know if that is proper here, and, anyway, there are plenty of products available, and you can ask about them without having to give any messy details. And yes, at it's peak, the symptoms extended to my scrotum too, and it was quite red.

Whatever you have, a dermatoligist would be a good place to begin.

[This message has been edited by edgework (edited 09-01-2003).]
about the answers

Closed Thread