HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Men (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/)
-   -   dreams in "wet" dreams (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/91462-dreams-wet-dreams.html)

chrisincali 08-31-2003 03:18 PM

dreams in "wet" dreams

Do dreams have to be erotic in order to have a wet dream? Also, must one be actually dreaming in order to trigger a wet dream? Also, do men know they're having a wet dream when it's actually happening, or do they realize it the next morning? Is it an unconscious thing? Any feedback on my questions would be great. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by chrisincali (edited 08-31-2003).]

JDinCA 08-31-2003 06:40 PM

[quote]Originally posted by chrisincali:
[b]Do dreams have to be erotic in order to have a wet dream? Also, must one be actually dreaming in order to trigger a wet dream? Also, do men know they're having a wet dream when it's actually happening, or do they realize it the next morning? Is it an thing? Any feedback on my questions would be great. Thanks.[/b][/quote]

1.Not necessarily men have ejaculated while sleeping without the experience of an erotic dream. But I would say to be a true "wet dream" as we know it, you would have had an orgasm during sleep due to a "real feeling" erotic experience you were dreaming about.
2.Yes if you weren't "actually dreaming" it wouldn't be a wet dream, it be masturbation.
3.Your conscious mind doesn't know because when you dream it's your unconscious mind that's calling the shots. But when you awake, your conscious mind is very aware of what just happened. Even if your a person whom rarely can recall what he dreams, will remember every detail of the "wet dream" and the intense feelings and orgasm associated to the dream.

Hot Ice 08-31-2003 08:02 PM

I don't remember having any wet dream. Is it only me?

Darkfur 08-31-2003 08:14 PM

I've had fewer than 10 wet dreams in the past 12 years or so. It's been a long while since my last one. I'm trying to get one to happen deliberately now by abstaining from masturbating.

Most of my wet dreams have been triggered by a dream where I'm having sex. These dreams give me the strongest erection, yet the "sex" feels incredibly hollow like I am touching nothing at all. I can feel the ejaculation and sometimes I wake up because of it.

I might have had more of these, but sometimes I will realize it's a dream about to go "wet" and wake myself up to avoid making a mess.

I did ejaculate one time in my sleep [i]without[/i] a rememberable sex dream. I wouldn't call that masturbation though!

focus 09-01-2003 12:59 AM

[quote]Originally posted by chrisincali:
[b]Do dreams have to be erotic in order to have a wet dream? [/quote][/b]

No, although they often are. Mine was. I've heard many descriptions of other wet dreams though, and some have nothing to do with sex or anything. Like some have dreams they are peeing in spurts (but they were actually ejaculating), others had dreams that they were flying or falling and that sinking/rush feeling was actually them ejaculating, etc.

[quote][b]Also, must one be actually dreaming in order to trigger a wet dream?[/quote][/b]

A lot of guys get wet dreams with no dream at all. So you don't have to have a dream to have a wet dream. A wet dream is a slang term - the proper term is nocturnal emission, which is an unconcious ejaculation during sleep, with or without an associated dream.

chrisincali 09-01-2003 01:06 AM

thanks to all who responded to my questions! you really helped to enlighten this topic that females, like myself, know very little about! :)