It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 09:14 PM   #1

chrisincali HB User
Question Do wet dreams awaken men?

Does having a wet dream make a man wake up? So, in other words, can a man wake up in the midst of a wet dream because he feels himself ejaculating? Also, can men fall asleep not even thinking about sex and then unexpectedly have a wet dream? Is there always correlation between what a man thinks about before going to bed and then the wet dream that results in the middle of the night? Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post!

Old 08-31-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
(male)

manofthemoment HB User
The answer in general is both can happen but not maybe in every male.For example i can be dreaming and when the point of orgasm starts or is in progress of happening i usually wake up as it is very intense.Its alot more intense then just normal masturbation.There are also times where i can just wake in the morning and find a wet patch and then the sudden impact comes to mind that a wet dream has happened.Sometimes we can remember the details ,other times we awake after it is all over.Most of the time i can remember in good detail of the dream , even if i awake many hours after the wet dream has happened.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
(male)

edgework HB User
I know I've had wet dreams on occasion because I wash my own underware and the evidence, when present, is beyond dispute. But since I didn't wake up for these, I'd have to say that at best they were wasted experiences. If you experience something, but don't remember, did it really happen?

More interesting is the type of erotic dream that I wake up from, and, hence, remember. These have been intensely sexual and arousing, often starring women that I actually know (though not intimately), but sometimes with creatures formed out of psychic dust. What lasts from these experiences is not necessarily the elements of the dream itself as these are usually the surreal, half-real, and totally illogical combination of elements that all dreams have; but rather the feelings of intense arousal and lust that I carry into my waking moments. I can only liken this feeling to what it was like the first time I managed to get my hand down a girl's pants in the back seat of my Dad's Chevy, and she didn't freak out. A desire so profound that, as I realize it's an already fading dream, the feeling turns to acute disappointment and longing to return. I have to assume that these would produce the inevitable wet spot, due to the raging hard-on that accompanies them, but since I interrupt them, I don't get to finish the deed, but I do get to remember what it might have been like. A strange trade-off, if ever there was one.
about the answers

Old 09-01-2003, 12:51 AM   #4
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisincali:
Does having a wet dream make a man wake up?

Sometimes, but not always. I've only had 1 wet dream, and I woke up from it. It was a very vivid sexual dream, and I woke up in the middle of me ejaculating. It was a very confusing thing to wake up to - I didn't know what was going on for a few seconds, especially since the dream seemed so real.

Quote:
So, in other words, can a man wake up in the midst of a wet dream because he feels himself ejaculating?

Yep, that's what happened to me. Its a different sensation, because you're ejaculating uncontrollably without a regular orgasm. It feels great, but its not an orgasm. Its very strange, and kindda hard to describe.

Quote:
Also, can men fall asleep not even thinking about sex and then unexpectedly have a wet dream?

Absolutely - that's also what happened to me. I went to bed that night not particularly horny or anything, wasn't thinking about sex, etc. I hadn't ejaculated in about 5 days, which isn't a long period for me. I had this very vivid sexual dream that let to ejaculation. It must have been very late in the REM sleep cycle, because when I woke up ejaculating, it was early morning and the sun had just come up.

Quote:
Is there always correlation between what a man thinks about before going to bed and then the wet dream that results in the middle of the night?
No, I wish there was! I've been 'trying' to have another wet dream since that first one I had, with no success. I've tried not ejaculating at all for up to 2 months, and I've tried going to sleep all horned up but not ejaculating, to see if going to sleep horny will result in a sexual dream, and it doesn't in my situation. Also, sometimes wet dreams just happen with no sexual dream involved at all.

Old 09-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Porto guy HB User
That sounds very great! I ve been trying to have one of those for a long time, but never achieved to stay more than a weekend without masterbation...I weke up hard and rubing myself in the mattress, wet with pre-*** ...but its not really a dream...usualy Im half-consient...and sometimes I have sexual dreams(once in a blue moon) but they arent wet nor realy intense... and sotimes very bizare and unpleasant. I had at least one of those bizare ones.

Closed Thread