It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #1

Sammy80 HB User
Unhappy Burning urination and redness on penis plz help...

This is pretty long but please read it ineed help..
Hi I have been having a problem for a while now.
7 weeks ago, i noticed that the head on my penis was a little red and i had burning urination.
Actually the first thing i noticed was that it looked as if it was peeling a little at the top but it healed up in a day, just looked like dry skin around the hole. The next day the redness and pain came.

I wasnt worried about stds i have had unprotected sex once in my whole life and it was 18 months ago, stupid but i figured i should tell just so you know.

I figured it would go away in a while but it didnt, so 2 weeks after it started, i went to a clinic.
It burns when i urinate and theres a patch of redness on top of the penis and around the hole.

They tested me for bladder and tract infection, it came back clear, they also tested me for gonorrea and clamydia but that came back clear as well.
Being the worrier i am, i requested tests for HIV and Hepatitis B+C too, they came back clear as well.

I tried some cream on it for a week it didnt help so i went back to the doctor, they said it might be my prostate so they put me on anti biotics for 10 days (Cipro) and they didnt do anything to help me either.

I went back again, and ive always had a rash on my upper tighs for the last well i guess 2 years, and the doctor took one look at it and said it was a fungal infection.
She told me right away that she was sure that thats what was causing my redness and burning urination too, that the penis must have come in contact with the fungal infection.

I was relived and got anti fungal cream from her that has cortison and clotrimaderm in it and she told me it can take a while for it to work seeing as how its a stubborn infection she said it should take at least 2 weeks for it to have any effect and that for the other infection it could take 4-6 weeks for it to go away.

Well i have been using the cream for 2 weeks now, applied it 3 times a day, i have had 3 showers aday too prior to putting the cream on....and still, no improvement so i am getting a little discouraged..actually i am really depressed.

I have had to shell out 600 dollars already and i cant really afford any more doctors visits (Im in Canada at the moment, visiting for 6 more months)

Can anyone please help me and tell me what they think this might sound like to you?

Sometimes it clears up a bit it looks really good sometimes actually, almost as if its back to normal...but when I urinate, it goes back to the redness again....right away.
If i have a shower it gets red again too.

I really cant handle this anymore.
It burns when I urinate and sometimes even when i dont.

Hmm..this is pretty long but i am pretty desperate and discouraged as it is has been 7 weeks already...
Ive had problems with depression before i am supposed to be on prozzak still...and this is getting to me.

Please help me, anyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 04:53 PM   #2

Landmine HB User
awww man, i dont know what to say. I would definately go and get a second opinion. It does sound like an STD (Im no doctor tho so dont take it from me).

Go see someone else, it could be as simple as a yeast infection, or a folicular problem.

Sorry I cant help but keep your chin up!

Old 09-01-2003, 05:43 PM   #3

Sammy80 HB User
Thank you for replying.
I have already been tested for clamydia and gonorrea and even hepatits and HIV and bladder and tract infection and its all clear.

I am really worried cause its not going away its still red so i really dont know what to do anymore...

I just want it to go away, badly.

Closed Thread