It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #1

collegedude19 HB User
Post Penis Skin

Just wondering if you can provide some feedback on this. I'm 19 by the way. On the underside of my penis, at the base, the skin seems to be split. It looks like a upside down V. I never have any pain with this just wondering what it is.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #2

appreciative HB User
Hey,

i just read ur post and honestly, i couldnt tell u what that was! if it doesnt cause u any pain and it never has, then i dont think u should worry about it. maybe ur just really unique! i wouldnt worry about it if i was u, but if u are, u probably wanna go to a doctor and have them take a look. sorry, hope i helped!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #3

collegedude19 HB User
Re: Penis Skin

Could I send somebody a ...

Last edited by moderator2; 04-18-2004 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 04-19-2004, 06:32 AM   #4
(male)

jamie17 HB User

Do you mean that the skin actually splits open, or that there is just a line there, like a seam?
I'm not sure, but what you might be talking about is this line or seam that all men have, that runs down the length of the penis shaft, then kind of splits into that inverted v at the base of the shaft/start of the scrotum and then usually goes down the center of the scrotum. This line is the seam that was created when you were an embryo and your body first differentiated as male --- I'm not sure of the exact details, but basically everything either knits together, forms a scrotum and a penis and you become a boy or it stays split apart, forms the vulva and clitoris and you become a girl. What's left is this line, which I think is called a "raphe" or something like that. Sorry, I know this is not the best or most technically specific information.
In some men, this line is very dark and somewhat raised, prominent and noticable and in others, it is almost not even there at all. It just kind of depends on your skin. But if it's what I'm thinking of, it's totally normal, regardless of whether it is very noticable or not, and everyone has one --- just some people's you can't really see all that much.
On the other hand, if you're talking about an actual split or opening in the skin, then that's something else entirely and I have no idea what that could be.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

It's a normal part of male anatomy, called the frenulum. It is the place of the most intense pleasure for many men. It is sometimes removed by circumcision.

Closed Thread