It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 07:53 PM   #1

stellaplaya HB User
Exclamation Really Need Some Help with a semen issue

Hello, this is my first post.

I am a mid-twenties male in good health, frequently excercise, eat healthly etc.

I have been sexually abstaining for a year now.

I have been noticing some strange variations in my semen. For the six months or so, I have reduced the frequency of masterbation from an every day or almost everyday thing down to once every week or week and a half.

When I do ejaculate, it is thick, it is milky and white on the first squirt, but then the rest just dribbles out and it has a yellowish-white tint and it is made up of reqular semen and a bunch of little things that look like jelly-fish! Also, if I let this stuff dry on my skin, it turns into something very sticky, like the uncooked white of an egg when it dries on the stove (just trying to be very specific here)

My semen used to be white and milky and it used to shoot with some force behind it and I need to know what the cause is for the change in constistancy. This first happened about two years ago, and it was painful at first upon ejaculating, but then it went away for a year or so, and now over the past 5 months it has been back. There is no pain anymore, I just don't feel the full pleasure of having a forceful ejaculation like before.

I am trying to overcome the masterbation habit, but it is very hard because I keep wanting to "check" my semen to see if its back to normal. Its like if you had a lump on your skin, you'd check it everyday to see if its changed, well, there is only one way to check semen that I know of, and I really want to stop, so you can see the problem this is creating.

Please be honest with me and help me to find out some answers about this condition.

God Bless,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 02:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, sounds normal to me. Our ejaculations change from one to the next, sometimes shoot, sometimes dribble or a combination of both. Also, the actual sperm in an ejaculation is yellowish and jelly-like in consistency. The whitish/creamy fluid is an ejaculatory fluid that helps with the process. By decreasing your masturbation and ejaculations, you have a greater concentration of sperm each time, therefore you'll notice more of the yellowish jelly like substance. And by the way, masturbation is a healthy release so I wouldn't worry too much about your frequency and no need to stop. Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lance2 For This Useful Post:
roblox (04-06-2012)
Old 09-08-2003, 07:35 AM   #3

Rixtar HB User
I don't believe it is healthy for any man to abstain from sexual release throught orgasim. There have been many studies to show that the prostate gland needs to stimulated to delay the onset of prostate disease and cancer.

A man your age should be ejaculating at least 5 times per week.

There have been many misconceptions regarding sexual release and masturbating. Some of these are thousands of years old and cloaked in the veil of religious dogma.

Many feel that true enlightenment comes only by abstainance and that the "Strength of Character" achieved brings some sort of communion with a higher power. Well, my answer to this is simple...true illumination starts with the acceptance of one's self and that my friend includes your natural sexual tendency. Don't sacrifice your long-term health, a recent study of men with prostate cancer showed that the largest single category of men with the disease were those with limited sex lives - priests.

Namaste

Old 09-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
The thickness of your ejaculate is probably a byproduct of your abstaining from masturbation.

At your age it's perfectly normal to masturbating frequently. It's a normal way for your body to release sexual tension and a build up of semen.

I suspect if you masturbated daily the consistency would level out and you wouldn't experience any pain when you ejaculated.

This is a great time in your life and masturbation is one of life's little pleasures....so, enjoy it and dont try and deprive yourself of something which is harmless and which your body seems to need more frequently than it gets.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #5
Veteran

Darkfur HB User
Okay, I wanted to reply to this yesterday, but thought it best to let some of the more knowledgeable guys answer first.

Lance, that yellow jelly-like substance cannot be strictly sperm. I am completely sterile (no identifiable sperm at all) and my ejaculate sometimes does include these yellow/clearish jelly-like blobs. It varies. Today I just masturbated for the first time in 9 days (a loooong time indeed) and today's semen was a healthy white and sticky mess. Smelled nice too, lol.

Even so, there are often times I do have jelly-like stuff in my semen. It does not hurt coming out, but does feel different than the smooth flow of regular semen. I don't tend to "shoot" it either - it usually comes out in a slow, steady flow. It kind of looks like runny, gelatinous, (raw) scrambled eggs.

I wouldn't say this is a "condition" of any kind, stellaplaya. It's probably normal. These little jelly bits don't seem to liquify either. I might have a shower after masturbating and still find one of the stubborn little guys clinging to my pubic hairs.

[This message has been edited by Darkfur (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-08-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
Inactive

focus HB User
Most of the color in semen is from the prostate fluid, which contributes about 40% of the semen. The seminal vesicles which contribute about 60%, secrete a mostly clear fluid. I have noticed a pattern with my ejaculate color: If I ejaculate frequently such as daily or 3 times per week, my semen is white. If I ejaculate infrequently like less than once a week, my semen becomes more yellowish in color. Why it does this, I'm not certain, but I do know its normal. Perhaps its from the prostate fluid getting old inside the body and becoming discolored? I'm not sure.

I have noticed clumps of extremely thick, almost jelly-like things in my semen too from time to time, but not often. Again, this usually happens if I haven't ejaculated in a while, and almost never happens if I ejaculate frequently.

Its not a problem as far as fetility goes, as long as the semen, including any jelly blobs, liquify after about 10 minutes of being exposed to the air. Liquifying, meaning it should become clear and watery, with just a slight stickyness to it. Not like the way it came out when first ejaculated.

Darkfur - the sticky globs you noticed in the shower has nothing to do with the liquification of semen. When you mix semen with water, it tends to wash away the watery components of semen, and leaves behind the more solid and gelatenous components, which become super sticky and cling to body hair. To test liquification of semen, don't do it in the shower. Ejaculate onto a flat dry surface such as a table, and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so. You should notice it turn clear and watery as it sits.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:44 PM   #7
Veteran

Darkfur HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by focus:
To test liquification of semen, don't do it in the shower. Ejaculate onto a flat dry surface such as a table, and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so. You should notice it turn clear and watery as it sits.
Not on my table I ain't! I'm going to a restaurant for this...

Seriously, though. I always thought those sticky bits in my pubic hair after the shower were remnants of those jelly blobs. If I do have an ejaculation containing jelly bits, I do not think they liquify like the rest of the semen. Do they? How long should it take?

Old 09-15-2003, 05:02 PM   #8
Veteran

Darkfur HB User
Okay, I've tested this stuff out: Last week, I ejaculated on a flat surface. There were sticky blobs in it. More than an hour later, everything was liquified except for the jelly bits.

Another time, I ejaculated onto a paper bag and it was a smooth, clearish-white mix. After several hours, most was runny but I was surprised to find some sticky bits not seen upon ejaculating. Any ideas?

Old 09-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #9

Willzviewz HB User
If you pee a decent stream, then chances are good that your prostate is in decent shape. If you are 40 or over, have a physical and request a prostate check.

If you don't see blood in your ejaculate, I can't imagine that you have anything to worry about. All the things you all describe are normal.

Drink plenty of fluids and it should come more and more often.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
(male)

JimmyT HB User
Re: Really Need Some Help with a semen issue

I agree re: not abstaining. However, I don't agree there is nothing unusual about gelatinous sperm. I noticed this in my late 20s and thought nothing of it but am sterile now and no one seems to know why. I think it's possible that medicine hasn't identified the cause of this yet and doesn't recognize it as an issue. My own personal theory is that it's due to some type of viral infection that doesn't produce many symptoms except some very mild pain or discomfort. Hope you find the answer and let us know.

Closed Thread