It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #1

weird_seed HB User
Post sexless dating

If you knew a girl wouldn't have sex, would you date her at all?
What if she said you could have sex with other girls though?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 01:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Porto guy HB User
WOW! That would be a weird relationship! I would be OK with the "not sex" thing, but the last part, about alowing me to have sex with other gals!!?? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif What about that healthy possessiveness that come with affection?
I wouldnt like that at all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 01:26 PM   #3

wishful_thinking HB User
then you might as well just be mates with her and date other people instead who you can shag.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:20 PM   #4

weird_seed HB User
I'm the girl, I wanted to know how guys would react if openly told this. If it's too strange I'd just have to lie ... "waiting for marriage" or something.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #5

markj HB User
Yeah, I would date you. I would probably respect your decision. Actually, if I was looking to get married, you would probably be the kind of girl for whom I would be looking. Guys like to have mess around before marriage, but when they are looking for a lifetime partern, they look for a woman with such qualities.

Old 09-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Well, there will be guys who will not date you or will soon break up with you if you don't have sex, but those are the types that would leave you anyway. Love is more than just sex, and sex is worth waiting a while for. You may not have to wait until marriage, but if you read here long enough, you hear sob stories from girls who finally gave in, had a lousy time losing it, and the guy left them - gone on to conquer new mountains, if you know what I mean.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:23 PM   #7
Veteran

Darkfur HB User
Do you mean telling a man that you are "waiting for marriage" before having sex is a lie?

Do you ever plan on doing it? I do not understand. There's definitely honor in waiting until marriage but to just decide "never" seems drastic.

I might date you for awhile, a long while, and assume you were kidding about the other girls thing. What would happen if you said you were "waiting" and we finally got married?

Old 09-18-2003, 01:12 AM   #8
(male)

JDinCA HB User
I personally don't put all that much merit into weather or not your a virgin. The character of a person is far more important than if she is a virgin or not. There are plenty of women that will make great wives and mothers and love their husbands completely that have had sex before marriage. As also virginity does not mean one is moral and pure of heart necessarily.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:17 AM   #9
Inactive

savysac HB User
I would never date any woman if I actually knew she wouldnt have sex, whats the point? If I wanted another friend, I would find someone who enjoys sports and fishing, not someone who enjoys talking about emotions and shopping.

I would not date a woman if she would not have sex but said it was cool for me to have sex with another. Again, whats the point, a total waste of time.

But that is just my opinion.

Old 09-18-2003, 06:43 AM   #10
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
When as a teen I did not have sex with any teen girls unless they were the town bicyle (everyone rode free).

I dated many girls & never pressured any of them to have sex. Most of them were virgins. I was a country boy.

I did date some older women, some married & some single, & had sex with them.

I do think that teenage girls should stay virgins.

Most teens can not support themselves let alone a themselves & a baby.

I know about birth control & I also know of the 1000s of teen pregancies each year. My tax dollars support many of them.

Most guys do not want to marry a girl that has had sex with every boy/man she ever dated.

G

Old 09-18-2003, 09:12 PM   #11

weird_seed HB User
I personally can't imagine marriage for myself, and I have no interest in sex, but I'm curious about the whole dating thing... it's weird to be 21 and never have gone on a date. I thought guys need sex so why not let them have other sex partners... I don't have strong feelings on sexual restrictions on others. Also it seems hard to have males be only friends with females, because of the possesive mates.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:40 AM   #12

Blue Knight HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by JDinCA:
I personally don't put all that much merit into weather or not your a virgin. The character of a person is far more important than if she is a virgin or not. There are plenty of women that will make great wives and mothers and love their husbands completely that have had sex before marriage. As also virginity does not mean one is moral and pure of heart necessarily.
Totally on the money here! I met girls who were virgin but when they had sex, they went sex crazy.

Anyway, I personally think either you don't really like this person and you just have him around for experience. As human nature, you become selfish and care for what you like. Just an assumption.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:57 AM   #13

wishful_thinking HB User
maybe your not interested in sex coz u havnt met some on ewho you really like yet, but wen you do youll proply want to have sex with them.

Old 09-19-2003, 04:38 PM   #14

AbleLena HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by weird_seed:
I personally can't imagine marriage for myself, and I have no interest in sex, but I'm curious about the whole dating thing...
A lot of us consider sex to eventually be part of dating. So, in your mind, what distinguishes friendship from dating, if sex isn't what sets them apart?

Are you looking for the kind of emotional closeness or romance that dating brings? Are you looking for someone who will always be there for you, and always spend Sat. night hanging out with you? Are you into kissing and touching, but not intercourse?

You don't have to compromise on what it is you want. Whatever it is that you're interested in, chances are there's someone else out there who wants the same thing. The hard part is finding them! Also, I think it's really important that you are totally honest about what you're up for, because it'll help you to hook up with a like-minded person. (I have a friend who recently dated a man who liked talking about sex - but not having sex. They got along great as long as they didn't try to be sexual. My friend wanted to have sex, so now they're friends, and not dating. Point is, man like this are out there and would be happy to find someone like you who wouldn't try to change their mind about having sex.)

FYI, I couldn't imagine being married when I was your age. About five years later, I started feeling interested. Things change - you never know what the future holds. No need to rush things.

Lena

Closed Thread