It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
(male)

Grimmy7 HB User
Ejaculation during DRE

Hi all, new here. I recently had to have my first physical in over a decade, I'm 27. I'm a little overweight but otherwise healthy. The last part of the physical was a DRE which I was surprised by, I thought only guys in their 40-50's got them. I was embarassed about getting an erection during it as I have heard about that, but I didn't thankfully. Instead something worse....about 15 seconds into it I ejaculated. I was completely flaccid, and it was NOT an orgasm as it didn't include all the fun feelings we like. My doctor ignored it till a few seconds later when she was done, handed me some paper towels, and told me "Don't worry, it's completely natural and happens all the time".....

I was ****** humiliated! I got home and googled it and can't find ANYTHING about this happening or being natural or common. So...how common is it? Has anyone here had something similar happen or heard about it? I think I'm going to switch doctors and refuse DRE's in the future...

Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User
Re: Ejaculation during DRE

This may seem odd, but have you tried testing things at home to see if it happens again? Get a small toy and do a self penetration and see what happens. It doesn't have to be common to be natural.

I'd really recommend you not stop DRE's. There is a good reason to have one at 27. Almost all exams like that need a base starting point while you are almost certainly healthy. Now, I can understand considering not having another for several years as you are not yet in the high risk age, but eventually you will need to have another. Maybe if you just do a little home testing, you'll be better prepared for what happened.

If you know it will be an issue, plan ahead. Take a hand full of tissues and if it's less embarrassing, tell the doctor you had a bit of urinary discharge the last time and want to be prepared to catch it. They won't think anything of it and it will save you additional embarrassment.

Last edited by AllandNothing; 09-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
(male)

Grimmy7 HB User

No...no home 'testing' as I'm not really into that sort of thing. Plus I don't have any toys like that.

And the 'urinary' discharge story wouldn't work I don't think. I'm sure the doctor could feel my butt 'clenching' over and over. Plus she had me on my hands and knees so she had a "front seat view" of the whole thing lol! So I'm pretty sure if she felt my *** 'spasming' while I was holding tissues under my penis which she could clearly see it might even send a worse message. I don't know. But thank you for your reply.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
(female)

AllandNothing HB UserAllandNothing HB User

Understood. When you said it wasn't an orgasm, I thought you meant it wasn't at all like one...ie, no contractions, just a discharge.

I still think there are steps around this. But I also understand you are 27 and probably more in the mode of mortified and wanting comfort than solutions, but I'll toss them out there anyway. If you learn this is an issue, you could masturbate several times before, to minimize the discharge. Again, you are not going to have another exam next week. There will be plenty of time to privately test your results. I check my breasts for lumps, that doesn't mean I am "into it".

At your age, a DRE may be obsolete by the time you'd actually need to do another one. But right now more and more doctors are moving back to doing that type of exam as it catches prostate issues much sooner than just looking at a blood test result.

Try not to sexualize this. Change doctors if you need to, but I doubt she's given it another thought. I know I'm not a man, but I can tell you that my sister in law once farted during her gyno check up. Stuff happens. It's all a part of life. (She not only didn't change doctors but reminded the guy the next year!!!!)

Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
(male)

Grimmy7 HB User

Yeah.....it wasn't an orgasm as I know it (and trust me....I know an orgasm! haha) but my butt contracted and it 'shot' out of me as thought it were an orgasm. It all landed on the paper, so embarassing. I did a little more reading, and it seems that some guys leak a little bit during a rectal or prostate exam, but haven't seen ANYTHING about a guy experiencing what I did.

I posted on another site and a doc answered saying "it's possible but extremely unlikely". Makes me feel super uncomfortable. :\

Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
(male)

karl456 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy7 View Post
Hi all, new here. I recently had to have my first physical in over a decade, I'm 27. I'm a little overweight but otherwise healthy. The last part of the physical was a DRE which I was surprised by, I thought only guys in their 40-50's got them. I was embarassed about getting an erection during it as I have heard about that, but I didn't thankfully. Instead something worse....about 15 seconds into it I ejaculated. I was completely flaccid, and it was NOT an orgasm as it didn't include all the fun feelings we like. My doctor ignored it till a few seconds later when she was done, handed me some paper towels, and told me "Don't worry, it's completely natural and happens all the time".....

I was ****** humiliated! I got home and googled it and can't find ANYTHING about this happening or being natural or common. So...how common is it? Has anyone here had something similar happen or heard about it? I think I'm going to switch doctors and refuse DRE's in the future...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl456 View Post
Wondering what DRE stands for, thank you.
cheers, K.
I think it means 'Digital Rectum Examination'.

Grimmy7, I wouldn't worry about it too much, if a female Dr did that to me I'd probably expect the same reaction.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

That happened to my husband. It's normal.

Closed Thread