It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 06:37 PM   #1

drtytreeguy HB User
Post no sex drive

I'm 38 yrs old and have fairly rapidly (over appx the last 4 yrs)lost almost all of my sex drive.On the rare occasions me and my wife do have sex it is very quik(never used to be)My testosterone levels have checked out o.k.. I have very mild chronic fatigue from several bouts with Lymes disease but for the most part am in very good condition except for a smoking habit.This is hard to deal with since I do think about sex alot.Can anyone help....please

Old 07-29-2003, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I'm a woman, but just wanted to mention that studies have shown a connection between smoking and decreased sex drive/impotence/erectile disfunction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Inactive

elco HB User
This can be caused by lack of attraction to your partner. Has she gained weight or let herself go in any way?

Old 07-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #4

mobunny HB User
Red face

Hey, I came looking for a reason for my husband's decreased sex drive...he has a horrible chewing tobacco problem. He is only 35...I am still great looking and I think he is too. It is depressing...he tells me that I just have a higher drive than him. I would like to make love at least twice a week and HE could go for months if I let him. He says nothing is wrong.
Remember to assure your wife it isn't her...if it isn't. And if it IS tell her nicely so she can help you. But never shrug it off or blame her when it really isn't.

Good Luck!

Old 07-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by drtytreeguy:
My testosterone levels have checked out o.k.. I have very mild chronic fatigue
When you say your testosterone levels were ok, what were the levels? The range for normal testosterone is very wide, 300-1200 and if your reading was 350, then the doctor would say you were normal. But if your personal "normal" level is really 700, then you are clearly not normal for you. You should have had other blood tests like SHBG, free testosterone, thyroid and prolactin checked to be sure nothing was wrong in those areas. For instance you can have normal testosterone but high SHBG. The high SHBG absorbs all your testosterone and none is left to circulate in your blood. Or your prolactin can be elevated by a brain tumor and it takes years to discover that problem in guys because they slowly, over years, lose their interest in sex and never complain again until the tumor starts causing other problems.

Since you obviously have symptoms, it's time to start going deeper into exactly what is wrong. If your doctor just dismissed your symptoms then I would go back to him and demand more tests to find out what's wrong. This area is very complex and there are many tests necessary to narrow down exactly what is causing your problem. A good place to start reading is the American Associatiion of Clinical Endrocinologist's web page for their paper on hypogonadism.

Just for interest, you said: "This is hard to deal with since I do think about sex alot." If you have lost your drive for sex (I assume you mean lost interest in sex, or do you mean your performance is bad but your interest is ok?), then why are you still having lots of thoughts about sex? Or do you mean you would like to think more about sex?

[This message has been edited by orion (edited 07-29-2003).]

Old 07-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
It has been reported that over-the-counter pain pills like Tynol & Motrin can lessen the sex drive if taken every day.

G

Old 07-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #7

drtytreeguy HB User
I think about sex alot but without enough interest to get "into" it. Thanks everyone for your input.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #8

HelpMeImBroken HB User
I've heard about a herbal pill they sell at GNC that supposedly works WONDERS for the sex drive. It doesn't help with phycisally getting an erection but it puts you in the mood, and stimulates all your body parts.

Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

As far as smoking goes, I'm a smoker myself, and I have noticed a very big increase in sex drive if I put down my pack for a day.

Closed Thread