It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
(male)

TattooedTaurus HB User
Sciatica and E.D.

Hi there, I'm 37 and am in need of advice from a medical professional if possible. Ok my situation goes like this. I have always noticed what I considered an abnormal growth from my circumcision line right in the middle of the shaft of my penis. The lump looks like cauliflower in appearance and then a slight raised line that travels vertically down to the bottom of my shaft to the scrotal area. I always thought there was something wrong with me as I have always had this as long as I could remember. Well in my curiosity I had this checked out from a dermatologist as the cauliflower appearance resembled HPV(from what I read) but had never been diagnosed with this. The dermatologist ruled it out because one quick look and he said this was not HPV. So he didn't do anything for me. I was still wondering what this was so I saw my VA doctor and he called it" redundant skin" from circumcision and said it was "normal". He said the line was where we come together when we are forming as a fetus. Well I can't leave well enough alone and I wanted to remove the cluster of skin on my circumcision line so I tied some line around a bit of it to try a ligation. Well it caused a small scar there, and I was wondering can this trauma interfere with erectile function? I have been having sharp pain in my leg, buttocks and foot in my left side and this started about 2 months ago, diagnosed with sciatica, and here recently I have been having trouble maintaining a full erection. It coincided after I tried my little" experiment". What could be causing my ED? I tried the ligation because frankly I'm quite embarrassed with the appearance of the underside of my penis. Now looking back I have discovered that this could be very well something called my raphe? I regret doing the ligation now because I should have done more research. Can you please give me any information to put me at ease and what I can do to address my inability to achieve a full erection? I've never had any problems at all before with this issue, it seemed to come on very suddenly. I do masturbate quite frequently and now I cant seem to get myself sexually aroused with any visual material. Thank you and any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TattooedTaurus; 10-01-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: changing title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
(male)

TattooedTaurus HB User
Sciatica and E.D.

Additionally I was prescribed Naproxen and Flexiril for the sciatica but they really haven't helped me with any symptoms so I quit taking them as I have read that they are one of the many medications that can cause ED. I quit taking them about 2 days ago thinking that may have caused me not to achieve a full erection. Hasn't seemed to help.

Last edited by TattooedTaurus; 10-01-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: changing title

Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Scar from ligation

You had a little growth where your circumcision scar crossed your raphe? That's pretty common. It's a shame people don't talk about circumcision more so people knew how very common cosmetic errors are in something done basically for its cosmetic effect.

Are you doing better yet? Do you feel that low sensitivity could be part (or all) of the problem? Or could it just be psychological? (anxiety?)

There are some things that are sometimes recommended to diabetics for improving nerve function that you might try. B-12 is one that's also pretty harmless if it's not needed.

Could your sciatica be caused by high calcium? Do you consume a lot of calcium and/or vitamin D? (They may exacerbate sciatica when that's what caused it--though other things do too.)

Taurine may help to redistribute minerals within nerves properly. It can prevent nerves from being too affected by high calcium as they may be now. Taurine deficiency commonly results from digestive yeast proliferation, a very common problem affecting everyone at times.

I don't know. Do you even still wonder about this?

Closed Thread