It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
(male)

offspring93 HB User
Erection Trouble

Hi i'm 19 and well recently have been having problems with sex i know it sounds odd coming from someone who most would class as young but me and my girlfriend split up about 2 months ago since then i have had a few more sexual partners the first no problems with getting an erection or maintaining one the second the first time we had sex there were no problems but then again with this second female when it came to foreplay and such i was fine and ready but then when we were both fully undressed went flaccid, She gave me oral and i got erect but not as hard as i would of usually been we had sex for a bit but it just kept going the urge for sex was there but nothing downstairs i was wondering if anyone had any tips to stop this happening again i have browsed through message boards and most suggest anxiety would be a cause but i've never had this problem before.

Health information: I smoke i dont drink often and have had insomnia from a young age so 3 to 4 hours sleep is the most i get every few nights before my body can't cope anymore and i just kinda zonk out for about 10 to 11 hours then the cycle repeats its self (the insomnia thing isn't the issue by the way i don't need tips on that)
Drugs: occasionaly 1 or 2 pills of MDMA and smoke weed/rocky fairly often.. also should note im a very skinny person i weigh about nearly 7 and a half stone i don't know what that is in kilos sorry :') also apologies for any bad grammar. Any tips would be appreciated erm this is my first post like this so thanks for taking the time to listen and possibly respond...Peace out random health board people

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Erection Trouble

The drug use you mention could definitely cause hormone and mineral imbalance leading to things like impaired arousal. (And insomnia can be caused by the same mineral imbalance.) An occasional multivitamin might help (especially calcium, magnesium, and maybe zinc, iron, et al.).

Various infections and genital organ inflammations can also reduce the ability to become aroused. Cranberry juice can cure a simple UTI, but prostatitis, or other infection may require a anti-fungal or antibiotic regimen. So you'll want a health professional to check for that.

If a professional rules out anything pathological, you might look at food's effects. Personally I find chocolate a very effective arousal stimulant, and I know at least one other man who agrees, so maybe we're unusual or maybe there's something to that. (It does have that reputation popularly as well.) Cheap chocolate (Hershey's/Nestle) is garbage that encourages acne and all kinds of other health problems, good dark chocolate is the only kind worth eating if you're considering health.

I hope that helps!

Closed Thread

Tags
erectile dysfunction