It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
(male)

sawyer1984 HB User
Red line on left Side of penis!!

Hi there im very worried about this red line down the left side of my penis.When i was younger i masturbated hard on a pillow and i got this sudden burning pain and when i looked down at my penis there was a red line all the way down the left side of my penis.I was too embarassed to go to the doctor about it but its worrying and getting me down lately.It hurts me when when its really cold or warm and it goes really red too.I was wondering is there treatment for this or should i go to a doctor bout this??Also it hurts when i try pull my foreskin down as theres like a layer of skin at the head of the penis.I dont know what to do and its getting to me can u help anyone thanks.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Red line on left Side of penis!!

I don't know anything about the red line down the side. Could it be a vein or artery? Your urethra is in the middle and can appear to be a red line. Also the raphe runs down the back and is darker/redder than the skin next to it. That's all normal. But if the appearance changed, maybe you did damage something. Especially because there's pain, you need to have it checked out by a doctor. (And don't be embarrassed, doctors see much more embarrassing things all the time.)

The skin that you say connects your foreskin to your glans sounds like a natural adhesion.* Almost every man is born with this adhesion, but it usually breaks apart by itself in childhood. But it's easy to fix now with regular gently tugging at the connection. It can take weeks of tugging before it finally separates. It might seem like continuous skin, but it will separate eventually (probably with a bit of pain and definitely a lot of tenderness afterward). You can read about it in the thread under Men's Health (not sexual health), called "Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)". At the bottom there's info about stretching to break adhesions.

*(Natural adhesion is not to be confused with artificial adhesions that can result from circumcision and/or premature forceful retraction.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread