It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
(male)

aron123 HB User
frenuloplasty

hey, i need urgent advice please. I had surgery 8 days ago. I thought everything was fine until the 4th day when i couldnt retract the forskin back far. for 3 days i kept trying to pull it back and now i think i may have done damage to it. I woke up this morning with blood down there as i had a couple of half erections while i was sleeping..

I have been back to the doc several times th last few days scared something wasnt right. they convinced me that it would go back furthur with time as it heals. i understand that now, however i feel i have done damage to it. If i have pulled it back too far too early, will it heal again properly if i leave it alone?

please reply soon

Old 10-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
(male)

aron123 HB User
Re: frenuloplasty

Can someone please give advice. It's been 9 days now, it seems to be heeling well except for where th doc has stitched the new frenulum. It's red and real sore to touch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
(male)

aron123 HB User
I had a frenuloplasty and now foreskin swells after sex

Hello. Can someone please offer me some feedback. I had a frenuloplasty surgery almost 5 wks ago. It has healed pretty good except for one spot when having contact becomes red and sore. I've tried having sex with my gf without a condom the tip of the lower foreskin becomes a bit swallen and irratates me while while wearing jocks. It usually subsides after a couple of days.

Is this due to friction? I'm sure it is but how can I fix it?
Please help

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
(male)

aowshea HB Useraowshea HB Useraowshea HB User
Re: I had a frenuloplasty and now foreskin swells after sex

My friend took 3 months until the whole wound perfectly dry.

Actually, the joint takes the longest time to heal. But please man, don't have sex or masturbating yet.

BEWARE, of penis infection. You don't want amputate that if it gets worsen right?

Let it heal.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
(male)

Oh boy!

Please dude, don't have sex or masturbate while it's still wounded. Beware of penis infection, you don't want your penis get amputated because of worsening infection, right?

My friend who had this, took 6 weeks to heal and dry perfectly. Have a gentle treatment with wound, especially the joint.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
(male)

aron123 HB User

Thanksodor replying.
3 months is ages. My urologist says I am fully healed but it definetly doesn't feel that way, it's not th new frenulum that is causin me grief. It's another spot, a tin fold of skin that keeps widening. The doc reckons it shouldn't cause any pain cause it's a natural line. But it does.. Why also would the foreskin swell? I had th swellin issue for yrs but I thought it had somethin to do with 2 little cuts on th frenulum, that's why I had the op. but after sex last wk, the swellin of the foreskin appeared again... I'm really over this whole thing
Please reply

Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
(male)

Actually, there is a traditional herbal for foreskin swell. Coconut oil, but must the pure oil from home-made, not industrial made that had a chemical or formaline. Just rub the oil at the swell. But I don't recommend if your penis have an opeen-wound. Yet, don't rub the oil when having intercourse, such oil can damage vagina, since it's not a water-based lubricant.

I wonder, did your body grow ulcer/blain frequenty? Just curious, if yes, then probably the blood is too thick or dirty.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

You might have just been trying to use it too soon after surgery.

I have no personal experience with this sort of problem, but I have heard that without the frenulum, the foreskin doesn't necessarily move out of the way in the motion of sex (because that was what the frenulum did). Apparently then the frenulum-less foreskin can get caught in front of the penis somehow and ends up getting bruised by the penis during sex. I've heard men say it looks and feels like a bruised lip. Could this be your problem? Even after it has all healed from surgery, you can still experience this problem with foreskin swelling after sex without a frenulum.

It might help to be aware that this bruising can be happening and avoid letting it happen by paying better attention to the effects of using different angles. Maybe you will have to be more careful to avoid certain angles now. Or maybe as the skin is stretched (from use), it should more easily move as it should. This may take a while. I can't find the reports at the moment to be sure, but if I recall correctly, various men mentioned that it was a transient problem. (Note: you do not want to stretch it AT ALL until it's healed for at least 8 weeks.)

Finally, not that it matters now, but if you had the choice to make over again, I would recommend trying to solve short frenulum problems with regular gentle stretching rather than excision. (Maybe this advice can help others with the problem of a short frenulum.)

I hope this info helps!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
(male)

aron123 HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. I definetly think that could be the problem as well as the foreskin not covering the whole head of the penis which allows it to rub against my underwear, causing irratation, specially after sex.. I've been considering gettin a circumcision now. I know, drastic yer, I just feel the frenuloplasty surgery has just made things worse, irratation still occurs, swelling of foreskin still occurs an foreskin is somewhat loose on erection, something I have never had to deal with before which is weird. If I get a circ hopefully the head decensities then so I won't have to worry about feeling agitated when th head rubs. What do u think?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

It seems to me that all the men who get circumcised as adults regret it unless they had far too much sensitivity prior. It reduces sensitivity tremendously as the inner side of the foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis. Less radically than an irreversible excision, you could try keeping the skin retracted to desensitize it. If you're seriously considering circumcision, you should at least do this for a while (weeks) first to see how you like that. Circumcision is essentially like doing that for the rest of your life.

If the foreskin is too loose since the operation, it will probably tighten up more as the smooth muscle layer in it adjusts to the missing frenulum. The connective tissue structure might also change to compensate for the current looseness. It's really easy to encourage it to become either tighter or looser. If you keep it forward (covered) practically all the time (except to wash and urinate), it should tend to tighten over time (slowly--it may take a year or more).

Dietary calcium intake can probably encourage tightening a bit faster. It encourages muscle tension generally. (It also adds to feeling stress, so keep that in mind should you ever find yourself feeling too much stress.) Of course, don't overdo anything, health is only maintained by keeping nutrients basically balanced. I just meant you might try eating yogurt or something if you don't eat much dairy at present.

Closed Thread