It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
(male)

heyjon HB User
Any Low/No libido success stories?

I have read the threads from CP900, DeadSynapse, guy7802, and tehrf, and wonder if they have achieved any success with their low or no libido and/or Erectile Dysfunction. Are there any success stories on this board of curing their lack of sexual desire?

Ever since I was 11 I have had strong sexual desires, which started fizzling out slowly two years ago. I am 29 now and have no libido and erectile dysfunction. As my libido decreased, my fatigue increased, and my sleep quality and time asleep decreased. Every time I work out, I pay for it in the next few days with less hours of sleep.

I have been talking with doctors for four months now, but things are going slow. I just would like to see if there are any positive stories to help improve my hope and outlook.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Any Low/No libido success stories?

Have you checked your bloodwork? hormones (thyroid, pituitary, stress) and inflammation? There are other things a doctor can tell you about, but one thing no doctor seems to consider is penile sensitivity. This actually makes no sense because low penile sensitivity has been shown to cause ED. There are things you can do to increase the sensitivity of your penis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
(male)

heyjon HB User

Thanks for your reply mc7. I have had my TSH checked (1.72), my FSH (1.9) & LH (7.7 after 30 days on chlomiphene), testosterone (488 after 30 days on chlomiphene, was 300 before), and some other tests. Have not tested Cortisol, ACTH, Thyroid, or anything else. No tests for inflammation or anything.

A little more background: I am rather smart guy, not a genius by any means, but tend to work with my brain than anything else. I am a network administrator and my productivity has been really low because I get too tired during the day. Not really physically, but just have that mental burnout feeling. But this can't be solved by a a vacation or anything. I have zero stress in my life. Great financial situation, I love my job, everyone loves me, girls want to be my girlfriend, yada yada. Most people would be envious with what I have. But i can't workout anymore because I'll be even worse the following two days, I don't want to hang out with anyone, and I don't want to do much. The only things that I do, is work on my car and motorcycle alone. And I can only go so far until I get tired. Then I just sit around mentally burned out. I have gone from fun, hard working person who cared about people, to a dull, lazy, uncaring old man. I don't want to hang out with girls even though, for once in my life, are clamoring over for me. But I just don't feel like doing anything. I have tried twice to have sex with two different girls and it ended in an embarrassing way. On Sunday and Monday, I felt some chest pains and have been feeling my heart beat when I lie down or sit in a chair or something. I am 29, 5'11 168 lbs, my blood pressure is normal every time I go to the doctor (a lot lately), but I did develop a sensitivity to gluten 2 1/2 years ago and all of my symptoms I have today kicked in 1 1/2 years ago.

I see my doctor, finally, again next week. I am going to insist I get my adrenal function tested, and hopefully push for a more thorough thyroid test. I'll also see if I can squeeze out a sleep study and pituitary MRI. I get headaches in high elevation which started 1 1/2 years ago too.

If anyone else has any input or suggestions, I am all ears.

Last edited by heyjon; 12-05-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo

Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
(male)

pravlm HB User

Me too having all or most of your symtoms. Doctors keep increasing the Thyroid dosage and I am scared to take Androgel I am not aware of the side effects. I am doing fasting every 15 days for 36 hours and running , exercise etc. But nothing seems to work.

Got low Vitamin D , Hypo and borderline Testosterone. Lets keep in contact and see how we cna help each other.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
(male)

pravlm HB User

Me too having all or most of your symtoms. Doctors keep increasing the Thyroid dosage and I am scared to take Androgel I am not aware of the side effects. I am doing fasting every 15 days for 36 hours and running , exercise etc. But nothing seems to work.

Got low Vitamin D , Hypo thyroid and borderline Testosterone. Lets keep in contact and see how we cna help each other.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

You sound like you're in great shape other than the problems. Low energy plus low libido sounds like a low thyroid hormone (like T3 and/or T4). Of course, there are pharmaceuticals, but you might find relief with just sea vegetables (kelp, dulse, nori, etc.). They have iodine and other minerals that are remarkable thyroid hormone boosters (for me at least). (Seafood is supposed to be a better food for this too.)

Gluten sensitivity and many other problems of poor digestion are often a sign of low digestive enzyme output. You might find other benefits from improving digestion too. And besides digestive enzymes, you might benefit from adding digestive probiotics of some form. Digestive yeast can add to any problems like this. Probiotics can cleanse the GI tract of yeast.

I would still get the tests asap, but there are probably a lot of other nutritional things and other lifestyle things you might consider before getting more drugs. Pharmaceuticals are very powerful, but doctors are unfortunately (generally) very poorly trained about nutrition. General physicians overlook nutrition except for the briefest mention. And it seems likely a nutritional imbalance of some sort could be the problem here (especially because the problem started a year after digestion degraded--at least for gluten).

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
(male)

heyjon HB User

I will ask for the T3/T4 to be tested. I have been taking PB8 (probiotic) for almost a month. I like it, but only noticeable improvement is my stools have been harder, so there is less to wipe.

Thanks for the enzyme suggestion. I am going to look into that.

Closed Thread