It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
(male)

Wozar HB User
hello all

hello all i currently have a thread up called yeast infection or a reaction?

I believe i may have caused my self to get balanitis, I have been to GP and he thinks it as an STD , clearly is not one as I have not had unsafe sex, I all ways rubber up and have one at all times in my wallet (Old habits) I know they are not 100% effective and am having a follow up on friday.

I must say I know it is not an STD or HIV. Last partner she got regular std and blood tests and has only had sex with two other men and used a condom with both, I also saw these results as she had a copy of the results on her. (I was curious to see them lol)

And I have had sex with this woman in the past with out catching anything.

Any way down to why I think I have Balanitis.

I have been looking at images on google (I know do not google symptom search adds to your anxiety) and the gross images seem to match up almost perfectly to what I have.

I have a well defined red blotchy rash on the glans facing toward the body, and it looks like the red line trails down from the urethra and then to the rim of the helmet. I also have a very small blister that you can only see in the right light. it is itchy and irritable, and he foreskin is red and i find it hard to pull the foreskin back, i mean i can get it down past the glans but not as far as I used to be able to as it hurts (It has always hurt pulling my fore skin back though phimosis I believe it is called)

So does this sound like balanitis?

I don't all ways wipe up after masturbation, which I believe could be one of the causes, due to poor hygiene (the red like line that trails down from the urethra, by the way it is part of the rash) and my penis hygiene is not the best i keep forgetting to clean under the fore skin with warm water, and the one time i do i rub soap all on the head of it and it was this time nearly 3 months ago I just want to know how to get rid of this annoying condition.

Last edited by Wozar; 11-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: hello all

Balanitis just means inflammation of the glans (balanoposthitis=glans+foreskin inflammation). If it's not an irritation from friction or allergic reaction, such inflammation is a sign of infection. Your doc said it could be a STD because it is possible to get such infections from sex, but he probably needs to test to determine precisely what it is. Did he take a culture to test? (Did he swab your meatus?) This is the standard means to determine if it's a "proper" STD (like gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, etc.) or (less harmful, more common) yeast or other more benign bacteria. Did he prescribe an antibiotic of some sort?

Whether it is bacteria or yeast, keeping it dry will help you overcome it. I would keep the foreskin retracted for at least an hour a day to dry out the glans (and longer times are probably better). Keeping the area clean and dry may be enough to overcome yeast--without doing much else (i.e., IF it's not a more serious infection). If your foreskin is too long/loose to stay retracted without sliding back down, you can use wound binding tape to hold it back (by taping it back at the base of the penis). If it's too tight to retract with an erection, you'll want to stretch it out CAREFULLY, which you can read about on the "Men's Health" board "Stretching To Fix Tight Foreskin (Phimosis)".

Don't masturbate before going to sleep because you don't want any semen residue in the area. That will only encourage the infection to spread. (You definitely don't want this infection to start affecting your prostate, but leaving semen on yourself and in your urethra encourages that. If you can't wash your penis shortly after ejaculating, at least urinate to flush the semen residue out of your urethra.)

That the inflammation continues to the meatus (as you said) makes it seem pretty likely that the infection could have migrated into the urinary tract already (or it may have originated from there).

Cranberry has components that prevent microbes from binding to the tissue of the urinary tract, so it might help. It helps flush out the urinary tract too. (Note: it's not like it's going to cure serious infections, but it can still help with them a bit.) Besides cranberry, you should drink plenty of water to help flush out pathogens. (Don't let your urine become too concentrated). You should also avoid milk, dairy, sugar and all sweets to minimize feeding the pathogen (especially if it's yeast)--at least until it's cleared up.

Another thing: Whether this is a proper STD or just a yeast infection, you are certainly contagious now (if you didn't know). You don't want to have sex until this has been gone for at least a couple weeks. (OTOH if it were a proper STD, you could still be contagious even when it seems like it's gone.)

I hope this info helps!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
(male)

Wozar HB User

It helps very much, thank you. But like i said I saw the negetive results for my self so i know for sure it most definetly is not an std, I also for got to mention I can see a white line around my fore skin, femar band I think its called. And after doing some research I have noticed people have said this can happen during balanitis, I recognize these symptoms from a past infection. Butlike i said most assurdly it cannot be a serious infection, even if it is a curable one I do want a test just to make sure as it has been nearl 3 months since my last encounter with this woman

Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
(male)

Wozar HB User

I would like to also add, I know it is not herpes, I would have blisters but mine has nearly gone now, and herpes blisers last 2-3 weeks and have clear fluid in them same goes with a syphilis blister but that lasts 2 months, when mine burst (accidently by scratching) Blood came out it.

but like i said she was clean from everything. and has only slept with two other men like i said. (Long term relation ships) which means frm her negative test results they were also clean. and i plan on avoiding sex even if it has been three months.

I just want it to go as i mentioned I have had similar type of thing back when I was 17, same sort of rash. same place. but then it hurt to pee and there was blood in it as well but did a urine test and had the all clear but then I was a virgin.

And as i pointed out the images of balanitis match up with what I have, and of course the metus as you called it.

but I want a test done to be sure as i said.

I also developed tori mandibularis from being stressed over this, think i was teeth grinding during my sleep.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozar View Post
It helps very much, thank you. But like i said I saw the negetive results for my self so i know for sure it most definetly is not an std
So you were tested already? That's very good. Most STD tests only test for the common STD bacteria. Yeast is a separate test. That means it's very likely just yeast.

Bruxism can be an effect of high calcium (tho it's only one among many possible contributing factors). Do you eat a large amount of dairy by any chance? Dairy (especially milk) encourages yeast infections too. So between better cleanliness, keeping it dry, and some dietary adjustments, you should be golden.

[A stronger anti-fungal cream should certainly help too.]

Last edited by mc7; 11-27-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #6
(male)

Wozar HB User

yes I have I am going to get another test to be definite and I do because I drink a lot of coffee maybe 3/4 cups a day. The Daktacort cream is no working but I am seeing the GP again friday my try and see if i can get some flucanzole.

Closed Thread