It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
(male)

gymFreak212 HB User
Masturbation Question

Hey guys i was wondering how too much masturbation can effect u psychologically. Since ive broken up with my girlfriend 6 months ago ive masturbated about every day. Now its been about 2 months since ive last had sex but now i feel like im constantly thinkin about sex with chicks everywhere. In my class around campus at the bar it doesnt matter. Idk if this is normal for most people but havin these thoughts constantly in my head makes it hard to actually form a conversation with any girl.
I am just worried my family has a history of sexual addiction (my dad) and i feel almost like im headed there. I am basically wondering if i stopped masturbating if these thoughts would go away. If these thoughts are normal? If i need therapy? I am 22 years old and a senior in college. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-01-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
(male)

aowshea HB Useraowshea HB Useraowshea HB User
Re: Masturbation Question

Yes, i'd been there. Being alone made me more likely to masturbate. Then I seek sport clubbing, to fill my emptiness with good activities, hanging out with best friends. Since then, I can count my masturbation frequency with my finger in a month.

Yep, when masturbating too much, I felt as if, it's enough for me. I don't have to pursue any girls, because it's provided by myself. But, as soon as I realized, it's tiring, the masturbation a lot. Hence, I'm getting old, felt a wide insecurity of having no wife/partner. I felt Very empty in my life, especially sexuality concerned.

I decided to reduce the habit. Pursuing some girls, not for long then I found her, proposed and married her. Since then, I think masturbation is useless. I had a wife, why should I masturbate? Hence, the challenge changes into satisfying her. To do this, I should prepare myself and compound for the durability, not like masturbation which was focused on climax.

Masturbation a lot can trigger a psychology of having the premature ejaculation and that is bad when we apply that when having sex with a woman. I bet that 8 out of 10 masturbations, are done in brief time. Because masturbation is lack of many factors, like how to satisfy woman's empathy and foreplay, along with any other important snippets.

By the way, periodically the masturbation a lot may make you are more hungry, which leads to obesity. Financially, it's hard to save our money. Because we think that we have no burden at all, so it doesn't matter to use money to satisfy our hunger.

Since masturbation a lot is tiring. It makes us to sleep after ejaculation, denotes that we had wasted our time for that sleeping. Worst, if you masturbate before going to work, it's damaging your stamina of the day. Because you didn't get the rest.

Thanks to my wife. I have someone I love to make me in control and i can organize my sex life properly. This is what i'd been through, I hope it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

I think it's the lack of sex with a partner that is causing you to think more about sex, not the masterbating which is a normal and healthy activity.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Do you take anything for bodybuilding? That might not be helping this. Also cocoa seems to have a noticeable effect of increasing my androgens. And it has been traditionally considered somewhat aphrodisiac. You might try avoiding chocolate if you want to lower yours slightly.

Another thing, I wouldn't recommend this, but if you feel like your normal sex drive is too high, you might be able to temper it by incorporating more soy in your diet or other source of phytoestrogens. This probably isn't a great idea for long term.

It's also true that quitting masturbating for a prolonged period of time will eventually reduce your sex drive, but it might be healthier for your prostate to masturbate a bit. (Cranberry is really good for prostate health btw.)

You're not really masturbating too much unless your penis is sore or has any inflammation. Even minor damage can accumulate over your life to massively desensitize your penis in a decade or two.

And finally, you probably shouldn't try lowering your libido too much to help talk to girls. They probably find you more charming for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
masturbation, psychiatry, sex, sex addiction